Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with audio between Bravia KDL-46EX723 and DAV-TZ135

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
michellelovell1969
New

Problems with audio between Bravia KDL-46EX723 and DAV-TZ135

I Purchased a Bravia KDL-46EX723 and a DVD Home Theatre system DAV-TZ135 to enhance my home AV setup.  I purchased a top marque HDMI cable to connect the two and have also connected my Xbox360 and Sky box - my Sky box via the scart function and the Xbox360 via the supplied HDMI lead. 

All the inputs work fine if i use the speakers incorporated in the Bravia TV.  I cannot get any audio output from the home theatre system unless actually using the DVD/CD player.  When watching a dvd or listening to a cd the 5.1 surroundsound is fantastic - but appears to be unobtainable when using sky or the Xbox. 

so to recap - bravia KDL-46EX723 connected to DAV-TZ135 via HDMI.  Xbox360 connected to KDL-46EX723 via HDMI.  Sky box connected via scart.  Sound works fine on TV speakers for Xbox and Sky box.  Surroundsound available when listening to a CD or watching a DVD via the DAV-TZ135.  When i select "options" - "speakers" - "audio system" in the KDL-46EX723 menu then the tv speakers switch off (as they should) but there is no audio output from the DAV-TZ135.  I have tried various settings within the bravia menus but they seem to make no difference.

Surely it is possible to get surroundsound output from all sources with this setup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Upon looking at the manual and spec's, Unfortunately this Home Theatre DVD player isnt designed to output audio from other sources (such as Xbox, Sky and others) than what is already included (as in DVD/CD, FM Radio, USB).

If you look at the specifications and goto Input/Output, there is a heap of NO's listed.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/DAV-TZ135/specifications

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Upon looking at the manual and spec's, Unfortunately this Home Theatre DVD player isnt designed to output audio from other sources (such as Xbox, Sky and others) than what is already included (as in DVD/CD, FM Radio, USB).

If you look at the specifications and goto Input/Output, there is a heap of NO's listed.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/DAV-TZ135/specifications

Cheers