Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with new KDL-42W805

profile.country.GB.title
gaz_di
Explorer

Problems with new KDL-42W805

Very unimpressed with Sony so far, having been buying their products for quite a number of years I decided to buy one of their new TV's, while I do like the general look of it and the picture quality their support has been atrocious!!

A few weeks after buying the TV channels started to "disappear" overnight, after retuning they came back ok but when retuning the favourites disappeared and needed setting up again, after this happened a few times I got in touch with their email support, this was very slow, taking a few days to respond and was pretty unhelpful with them suggesting it is probably a bad signal and to get new aerial fitted (although I am not sure how this could cause a channel that is working fine one day to not be there the next day!), after assuring them that the TV signal was very good and that other TV's were fine they said they would get arrange for an engineer to come out and get back to me with a date.

Unsurprisingly, no-one got back to me so I tried their 'phone support, after getting through the "get a new aerial" stage they also said they would get back to me with a date for an engineer to visit which also never happened, after a few more calls they said they "think it may be a firmware issue" and would get back to me.

Still waiting.............

I am very dissapointed by this level of service for a brand new TV which is hardly cheap, I do half expect this level of service if I am paying for a low-end product but not really with Sony, I buy Apple IT & phone equipment and on the few times I have had problems have had excellent service, it is a real shame that Sony don't try to match this even though their prices are also high end.

I was stuck between a Samsung (which was cheaper) and a Sony when choosing a new TV and unfortunately it seems that I made the wrong choice!!

0 REPLIES 0