Join now - be part of our community!

PS3 3D doesnt recognise bravia 3D

profile.country.en_GB.title
kenty160
Visitor

PS3 3D doesnt recognise bravia 3D

I have a full sony entertainment system, and cannot get my PS3 (its had the upgrade) to recognise my 3D Bravia 46NX4713.

basically ive connected the PS3 directly to the TV and also via my sony soundbar system, when i put the DVD in it keeps telling me that the my " 3d player has not recognised the TV and it is NOT connected to a 3d display "

I have glasses / transmitter and the TV plays the 3D experience perfectly.

On a side to this if i connect my sky directly to the TV the HD picture is perfect but if it is linked via the sound bar its very poor.

are these issues interlinked or seperate.

Can anyone help I totally bemused.

Tim,

3 REPLIES 3
gofrost

The PS3 should auto detect 3D signal when the disc is inserted ,try directly connecting to tv without sony sound bar and see if it works. I have a sony HT-AS5 and this is not compatible with SKY maybe this is the same issue for you. You say that you've played a DVD try a 3D blu ray and see if this works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Assuming that you have the correct HDMI cable.  On the PS3, try going to the Display Settings > Video Output Settings > HDMI and do an autodetect.  When I do that on my TV (NX723) the PS3 says that it has detected a 3D capable TV.

I have no idea on your other issue unfortunatley.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

firstly check the output settings for 3D on the PS3 then check the settings on your Bravia, worthy of note is what Quinnicus said of your cable check you have the latest 1.4 cable, some would argue the 1.3 high end cables will work but worth trying and checking this.