Join now - be part of our community!

Re: Sony wins five Product of the Year awards at EISA.

Re: Sony wins five Product of the Year awards at EISA.

I'm certain Sony won't be winning any awards for their shambolic and mismanaged customer service. - 

Having  ordered a new TV it arrived with a hardware fault - in the top left had corner of the screen into the middle there are horizontal black lines which appear and disappear every 3-4 seconds.

After spending almost 2 hours on the phone to sales and support teams I was told that I cannot return the goods unless I have the original packaging. After days of back and forth they eventually agreed to collect the items and charge me £50 for the packaging. 

When the chap arrived to collect the faulty goods I discover that their firm had not been informed that there was no packaging and he would not take the goods away with him without the packaging to secure the items in transit. He explained that Sony 'usually' provides boxes for them to package the goods onsite before removal. I am at a loss to understand how this can happen after they assured me that the necessary steps would be taken to ensure there would not be a problem with collection. I had taken a days vacation for nothing.

I was contacted this morning and told that the collection company do not work at weekends or bankholidays and I would have to arrange to make myself available again during my working day to accomodate their schedules.

From my exasperating experience Sony is a firm that provides faulty goods and then subjects their customers to a inefficent, shambolic service which best accommodates their needs and not those of their customers. 

0 REPLIES 0