Join now - be part of our community!

Remote control issue with KDL-32cx523

profile.country.en_GB.title
bowlerfc
New

Remote control issue with KDL-32cx523

Hi, I have a KDL-32cx523 and a BDPS380.  Up until this week, they worked together great and I could use the remote for either device to operate the other on at least basic functions, however, this week the TV remote has become unable to operate the Blu Ray player and I can't work out why, is this a known problem or could anybody suggest something I may have inadvertently turned off?

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Not sure why it should suddenly stop working. Make sure you are runnign the latests firmware on both devices by connecting them to the Internet and then maybe try running a factory reset and hopefully that will resolve whatever glitch has caused the problem.

Thanks

Bravia55HX

Hi,

in addition to the above remove the batteries from the remote and re insert them, better still put some fresh batteries in and see if that helps, theres really no reason for it not to work.

Convergence
Visitor

Hi Rather than just resetting the products, check your HDMI list on the TV and see if the BD Player is listed, if it is not, then look at your connections, what has changed or been added, Sky or Virgin Media can mess up HDMI control and maybe you have added one of these since it last worked, if all else fails then do a reset and make sure you always have the latest firmware, not that that should be an issue in this case.