Join now - be part of our community!

REMOTE FAILURE WITH BRAVIA-KDL40S5500

profile.country.en_GB.title
lensman
Visitor

REMOTE FAILURE WITH BRAVIA-KDL40S5500

Intermittent problem with said TV:

Ocasionally the TV 'locks-up', there is no response from the remote, no buttons fution, it's not a battery problem as the green indicator on the set blinks when buttons are pressed. Pressing the 'return button on the remote sometimes gets things going after a few secs.

Usual cure is to press standby on remote and wait for about 10-15 secs for the TV to turn off then restart.

But today it happened again and nothing worked at all, no remote cammands, the manual buittons on the side of the set didn't work, on-o0ff switch wouldn't work either ZILCH!!!

Finally got it going by switching off  at wall socket everything AOK ('til next time) i

WHY????

Lensman.

Message was edited by: lensman

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.fi_FI.title
jokilki
Visitor

I have the same problem but it doesn't go away by turning off and starting the device again. I can not even reboot or reset my TV. Mine is Z5500

profile.country.GB.title
carsos00
Explorer

My Dad had the same tv and got so fed up with the set that He gave it away and bought a panasonic, the set was given to a family friend (for nothing) and obviously still has the same problem, I've been trying to see if there is a system reset / firmware update to resolve this really annoying issue.

I have 4 other Sony TV sets (one new 55inch, 2 40inch and a 7 year old 26inch) and they are all fine so it's an issue down to the KDL40S5500 set and not common the all sony sets

Stewart

Message was edited by: carsos00