Join now - be part of our community!

Remove analogue selection in menu

profile.country.en_GB.title
okeycokey
Visitor

Remove analogue selection in menu

Hi.Its driving me mad when I accidentally select analogue in the input selection of my Bravia 40ex503, it just goes to a blank page and hissing!!! Analogue doesnt exist anymore so I wan rid of it as a selection.How?

8 REPLIES 8
Bravia55HX

Hi,

your set originally had two tuners one analogue and one digital and since analogue has gone the tuner is now redundant, the point is you cannot pysically do anything other than try not pressing the wrong button.

okeycokey
Visitor

Thanks for this...but I know "physically" there is an anologue and digital tuner within the TV. I don`t wish to remove them physically but just remove the software option in a menu somewhere....it must be achievable???

Bravia55HX

so i missed an "h", sue me and i never said anything about physically removing tuners!! and no you cannot change the software to suit your needs im afraid.

etritd
New

very pleasant & helpful answer

etritd
New

as you don't have the guts to say it here and send me private messeges, i'll do it for you:

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited for profanity

-Cass-
Explorer

Hello everyone,

I am Cass, one of the moderators on the forum and I would like to appeal to everyone for calm and mutual respect.

I would like to remind everyone that the question and answer forum is to discuss ideas and swap advice. We would like this to be a welcoming and useful place for new and long-standing members alike, where users are always respectful to each other.

Please remember that any answers given here are volunteered by people trying to help others, and that forum users shouldn't disrespect other users in private or public, as I am sure we all want the community to stay friendly and enjoyable.

Thank you for understanding. :slight_smile:

Elizabeth641978
Visitor

I totally agrre, Cass, and I am so dissapointed to browse this forum for the first time today and immediately pick up on 'virtual bickering:smileyconfused:'. I assumed that these forums were to troubleshoot and help each other out, NOT score points and act childish:smileyplain:

So, can we all play nicely and get on with assisting each other:smileylaugh:

Happy Easter :slight_smile:

MinxsterUK
Explorer

... I know this is an old post, but I had something just like this recently... My Bravia is an Android TV and I made the mistake of letting the TV scan for Digital TV signal, now it just won't let me remove/delete/reset this option as it keeps on thinking it has a digital signal.

I have HDHomeRun devices which I'd rather use than a directly connected aerial or satellite to my TV... I searched around to find this post, but then looked further.

I manged to export to the channel list, editied it on a PC and then re-import it. This meant I was able to delete all TV channels and all Radio channels. This does seem to have done the trick.

1. Get software - https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00200061

2. Follow instructions to edit channels - seems the may also be possible without Android TV - https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00198697