Join now - be part of our community!

“Selected programme not tuned” - Signal quality drops off on Sony Bravia

profile.country.GB.title
Samuelfrosty
New

“Selected programme not tuned” - Signal quality drops off on Sony Bravia

Our Sony Bravia TV signal keeps losing signal for periods of upto 2 minutes with the “selected programme is not tuned” error message appearing each time. Upon checking on System information the signal quality drops to 0 when the error appears and the screen goes black. During the time when signal drops off and is watchable the signal strength remains at 51 throughout. This problem does not seem to occur on the HD channels where both the signal strength and quality are both high. We have tried retuning the tv and have replaced aerials and aerial cables. This same problem does not affect other TVs in the household by other manufacturers and only seems to affect Sony products. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Samuel,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you please let us know which model of TV you are using?

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Samuelfrosty
New

It’s a KDL - 46R473A

profile.country.GB.title
Samuelfrosty
New

any chance of a resolution?

I have a similar problem - have done for years. Thought it was my flats communal Ariel got landlord send out engineer coat my self over £50 to be told nothing wrong no other flats any issues and it's my tv.

Some days works fine then just out of nowhere picture and sound breaks up like weak signal or all channels start saying channel not tuned or no signal detected. Can last for hours do have to give up. So frustrating as it's random either all channels are working fine or all go like this can happen at any time - can be watching TV fine for hours and then suddenly occur - other times issue will present itself  almost right away. 😡