Join now - be part of our community!

Selecting the Sources for PIP ( Picture in Picture )

SOLVED

Selecting the Sources for PIP ( Picture in Picture )

Hi, I have just bought a KD-49X8505B and cannot get the right PIP combination.

I have a home cctv setup which uses the component AV1 socket and Sky HD as my main source. I can select the twin picture in options from anything other than HDMI SKY source but for some reason when i press options when the Sky is on 'options' doesnt activate and as a result i cannot select PIP. IF i select the cctv, THEN press the options button i can then access the twin picture option, HOWEVER when i do the CCTV covers the whole screen with the SKY screen in the small box. Essentially this is what i want, BUT in reverse. So to clarify i want SKY on the main screen and the CCTV from AV1 in the small screen which is how i had it with my panasonic. I cannot for the life of me figure this out. Please help. Brian  :wink:

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Ok understood, I confused PIP and PAP. According yo the manual of your TV there is no problem with the two signal you are trying to watch http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HA230111/EN/c_pippap_europe_ga_co_pip_4k.html but in some other model it is not possible to have as primary source an HDMI source... a mistake in the manual or something not working as expected.. only someone with your identical setup can help you

For the option button, have you tried pushing the sync-menu button and revert control to TV?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Mysky on HDMI: it depens on bravia sync setting, the TV is trying to send the option command to mysky rather than the TV: press sync menu button and set the option to send th command to TV

Size of twin screen: you can chnage the proportion of each screen using the arrows on the remote

Hi, Thanks for the reply :wink:

I can get them side by side as you describe and increaes the size of one or the other, however this is not ideal as the main source doesnt fill the whole screen.

If i start from my cctv source i can select twin picture then i get the hdmi source in the small box and my cctv fills the whole screen. This is what im trying to achieve but the other way around. ie hdmi source full screen and cctv in the small box.

If i start from my sky source, options isnt available so i cant even select twin pictue. It's odd as it can clearly do it, but i cant figure it out.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Ok understood, I confused PIP and PAP. According yo the manual of your TV there is no problem with the two signal you are trying to watch http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HA230111/EN/c_pippap_europe_ga_co_pip_4k.html but in some other model it is not possible to have as primary source an HDMI source... a mistake in the manual or something not working as expected.. only someone with your identical setup can help you

For the option button, have you tried pushing the sync-menu button and revert control to TV?