Join now - be part of our community!

SEN Apps missing?

SOLVED
MBird68
Explorer

SEN Apps missing?

I have had my new Sony KDL-50W829 for just over a week now and still getting used to it, but liking it a lot!

My question is concerning the Apps on the Home page. When I first installed the TV, the "All Apps" function brought up a page with several screens full of apps available, including a number of games. However, after a few days, a lot of these have vanished and I now only have 2 screens of apps available. Where have they all gone? Any ideas anyone? I have tried refreshing the internet content but it made no difference. It's not a big problem, as I still have Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc, but is a bit odd.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooops, My fault.  Should have posted back that Sony has fixed this particular issue.  If you are still experiencing this problem, do a "Refresh Internet Content".  If that doesnt resolve it, it may indicate a different issue.

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you tried looking in the Opera Store.  Many apps are available in their.

Cheers

MBird68
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for the pointer towards the Opera store, I hadn't explored that yet, and as you say there are an awful lot of apps in there, but I was just a bit confused as to why a load of apps had vanished from the home screen?

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes, this certainly is a weird issue.  Sony have been made aware of this thread, as well as other reports in other EU country forums as well.  They are currently investigating anyhow.  I'll post back when more information comes to light.

Cheers

gunflash
Explorer

i experienced this problem with the bravia model kdl 40w605b.The tv froze several times when accessing certain apps tried refreshing internet content and factory reset this cured the freezing problems but many apps were missing including bbc iplayer and several other important ones.

Returned the tv to currys and the repair involved replacment of the internal wifi unit incredible on a tv only three months old at time of repair.However since the repair all apps have remained on the home screen freezing problem has not returned this may not be the problem in this case but it is worth considering as a cause.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooops, My fault.  Should have posted back that Sony has fixed this particular issue.  If you are still experiencing this problem, do a "Refresh Internet Content".  If that doesnt resolve it, it may indicate a different issue.

Cheers

MBird68
Explorer

Thanks Quinnicus. I was going to post up that my Apps re-appeared over the weekend, but you beat me to it!:smileyhappy: