Join now - be part of our community!

SEN - Poor Coding

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SEN - Poor Coding

If this whinge can be passed on to the relevent people, it would be appreciated.

Problem 1: You can not log into www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com via a Sony Bravia TV (NX723), Can get the remote to highlight the sign-in button, but when entering it, no response.

Problem 2: These community forums are unusable via a Bravia TV and Via a PS3.  I am able to finally sign-in to these support forums via the Bravia TV, but posting replies or adding new threads you can not do.  When via the PS3, you can not sign-in at all, and totally crashes the PS3.

Why this is a whinge:

As of this morning, I was unable to access lovefilm via my Bravia TV (NX723) and getting a message similar to "There are no icons in this service" with a yellow exclamation mark.

Phoned lovefilm and was told that Sony has made an update and that you will need to phone sony. 

Upon phoning Sony (15 mins on hold on an 0844 number), I was told that since the new SEN update, some people were having services deactivated.  So support told me to check that lovefilm was activated.  Hence, the first problem, unable to sign in to SEN via TV.  I dont have a computer at home, so this type of thing annoys me because the old essentials site worked flawlessly.

Anyway, logged onto SEN via PS3 (signed in ok) trying to get to activate Lovefilm, can not do, until converted my Essentials account to the SEN, worked OK.  Once done, told me Lovefilm was activated.  Went back to TV, still didnt work.  Deactivated Lovefilm completly via SEN, Logged Into Lovefilm site, still activated.  Deactivated via Lovefilm site.

Went back to SEN, unable to activate via PS3, when message stating that I would be taken to a new window. 

/sarcasm on - Smash TV, throw Ps3 out out window, and go on rampage like an ape.  Felt like it, but couldnt afford to damage my own property.

I am now at the local library typing this frustration out. Once i have now re-activated Lovefilm via SEN.  Cant test it until I go back home now.

PLEASE PLEASE - Integrate these services properly.  If I have to Log into SEN to activate TV services, Please make it work with the TV.  If this is a TV support forum, please make it work via the TV.

Thank you.

PS: Oh, i cant reply see problem1, but if you want more info, please email me

PPS - Just phoned home, lovefilm still not working with same error message.  Next try, factory reset.  Stress levels getting even higher now.

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there. sorry for the long reply. 

After unregistering the TV from Sonyentertainmentnetwork and Lovefilm (both places) and then re-registering it via SEN.  I had to do a factory reset.  After that, all worked fine. 

Hopefully yours is already resolved though.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
swong87
Visitor

Hello, I am having the exact same problem with LoveFilm have you managed to fix it if so HELP!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there. sorry for the long reply. 

After unregistering the TV from Sonyentertainmentnetwork and Lovefilm (both places) and then re-registering it via SEN.  I had to do a factory reset.  After that, all worked fine. 

Hopefully yours is already resolved though.

Cheers