Join now - be part of our community!

Server cannot be recognised; KDL-50W685A

SOLVED
eckyhen
New

Server cannot be recognised; KDL-50W685A

I've tried setting up the network connection as described in the manual, message says "setup succesful" but still get "server cannot be recognised" and my home PC does not appear on the list of media servers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eckyhen
New

Hi, thanks again. I downloaded "Homestream" but coudn't get it to work. My son, who has the same set, had the same problem so maybe specific to this TV. I've now installed "PS3 media streamer" for windows which works fine, so problem solved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Firstly test that your TV is connected to your network - simply use iPlayer or YouTube.  If that tests OK, then you will need to check the settings on your PC (or DLNA Server Software). 

If you done have any DLNA server software, use a program called Homestream : HERE

Cheers

eckyhen
New

Hi, thank for your answer. I can connect to Netflix, U-tube etc, no prob. I'll try the software you suggested as I assume the prob is with the PC.

PS, what does DLNA stand for?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

DLNA = Digital Living Network Alliance

Have a read of this, as it may explain it a bit more:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/How-Tos-FAQs-TVs-Home-Cinema/How-to-set-up-your-DLNA-network/ta-p/123...

Cheers

eckyhen
New

Hi, thanks again. I downloaded "Homestream" but coudn't get it to work. My son, who has the same set, had the same problem so maybe specific to this TV. I've now installed "PS3 media streamer" for windows which works fine, so problem solved.