Join now - be part of our community!

Skype has stopped signing-in automatically

profile.country.en_GB.title
mickjackie1
New

Skype has stopped signing-in automatically

Skype has been signing-in automatically on my new Sony Bravia Smart TV since xmas with no problems at all. This weekend I understand that the Sony Entertainment Network(SEN) was worked on and the Apps such as BBC i-player, 5 on demand and Love Films etc., could not be accessed. All came back working however on Sunday lunchtime albeit the Apps were re-arranged. The only problem I have now is that Skype does not sign-in automatically, and the TV displays 'Skype sign-in failed'. The tv is set for auto. sign-in and I can set it up manually by inserting my password. SEN request that I speak to you for assistance. Any thoughts please, mick.

Message was edited by: mickjackie1

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
adwoods30
Visitor

Hi I am having the same problem. Is there a solution for this?

Ta

njokhiya
New

I keep on getting message "sign in unsuccessful "

how can I cure this problem 

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@njokhiya wrote:

I keep on getting message "sign in unsuccessful "

how can I cure this problem 

thanks

Hi there

Try logging into Skype on a PC.  If you can log in, try it again on the TV.  It may just be a simple case of incorrect username/password you are using.

If you are still having problems, please reply back with more details, such as model number of TV, and anything else relevent.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Redburn
Explorer

I have the same problem. I can login if I enter the password and Skype works fine. Auto signin is set to YES. However the password is cleared when I switch off and back on again. Is this caused by the TV or is caused by Skype.

Can I load an older version of software on the TV to make it work again?

profile.country.GB.title
Redburn
Explorer

SONY BRAVIA KDL-32EX524

I have the same problem. I can login if I enter the password and Skype works fine. Auto signin is set to YES. However the password is cleared when I switch off and back on again. Is this caused by the TV or is caused by Skype.

Can I load an older version of software on the TV to make it work again?