Join now - be part of our community!

Smart tv, no sound with SEN

SOLVED
CraigBbb
New

Smart tv, no sound with SEN

I have a smart tv (KDL-50W65xA)connected to a dvd player/surround sound (DAV-DZ830W)via a scart lead. The audio works fine through the surround sound for all tv channels. However when I use SEN (YouTube, I player etc) I get no sound through the speakers. If using tv speaker only the sound works ok. Any ideas?
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately there is no solution in regards to outputting sound via online sources over SCART.  I am unsure if this is a limitation of SCART itself or how Sony have impletemented this via the TV's software.

Upon saying that, fortunately for you, your DVD system has a HDMI out and an Optical port.  You can resolve your problem by replacing the SCART with a HDMI cable AND an optical audio cable.  Then you just tell the TV to output audio optically.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately there is no solution in regards to outputting sound via online sources over SCART.  I am unsure if this is a limitation of SCART itself or how Sony have impletemented this via the TV's software.

Upon saying that, fortunately for you, your DVD system has a HDMI out and an Optical port.  You can resolve your problem by replacing the SCART with a HDMI cable AND an optical audio cable.  Then you just tell the TV to output audio optically.

Hope that helps.

CraigBbb
New

Thanks. Bought an optical cable, and that worked!