Join now - be part of our community!

SMP-N100 or SMP-N200 streaming without tv

profile.country.pl_PL.title
skoraaaa
Visitor

SMP-N100 or SMP-N200 streaming without tv

Dear All,

I'm thinking about buying one of the sony media player, but the way, how I would like to use it, is not exactly same with main purpose of using such devices.

I would like have possibility to stream music from my laptop or disk storage accessible from my local network without connecting player to TV. Has it any web interface to control them or maybe it is possible to use dlna to fill my requierments ?:)

Thanks in advance for your answer.

BR
Rafal

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
firionicable
Visitor

I haven't tried it yet with my Sony Bravia. I am thinking to do the same and been looking for a manual available online, but to no avail. I hope this is possible.

profile.country.en_GB.title
danny2684
Visitor

Hi Skoraaaa,

Referring  to the N200 this doesn't have a web interface. You could throw/push non DRM music from your laptop using  DLNA but only if your laptop software supports this function.  This way you would effectively  be using your laptop as a remote control.

You could setup your laptop as a media server using Serviio but without connecting the N200 to a TV it would be next to impossible no navigate your music library.

So unless you are going to use the first option and throw/push every song you want to hear from your laptop I don't think the N200 is for you.