Join now - be part of our community!

Social view stopped working

profile.country.GB.title
j0nnye
Explorer

Social view stopped working

I have a Bravia KDL-32W706 and for the past few days social viewing just doesn't work. When I set a tweet keyword the bar where the tweets would show comes up but only shows a message saying "waiting for your tweet. login to use extra features on the TV tweet app".

Even when I try to login with my twitter account I get "login failed" even though I'm 100% sure my login details are correct.

This just stopped working randomly. All of the other internet features work fine.

Has it stopped working for anyone else or is it just me?

18 REPLIES 18
SJT1975
New

I am getting exactly the same problem - I can log in to Twitter via the Internet app, but the exact same log in details fail with both the social view Twitter log in and the tv tweet app.

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

If you have not entered an incorrect password, which is unlikely seeing as there is now another post, then I suspect that the problem you are both encountering could possibly be linked to the network service problems I read about earlier.

Quinnicus wrote:

Good Afternoon all

You may be aware that when you go into your Applications on your TV, that various "regional" based icons are missing (eg, BBC iPlayer, Demand5, etc).  The following is Sonys statement:

“We are aware that network services of some products are currently unavailable.

Details are under investigation. As soon as we get the detail, we will post it on our Support Website.

This is applicable to 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 BRAVIA TV's.”

This thread will be updated with more information when it becomes available.

Thank you all for your patience.

Cheers

Perhaps someone will be able to confirm this but if not then maybe a call to Sony Support on Monday will help.

profile.country.BA.title
BossBy23
Explorer

I hewe problem with social viewing Facebook and twitter doesn't work login failed 

KDL-42W815B

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

As Noboby-in-particular said above, this may be due to Sony's issues with Network SEN Apps (even though Sony has only stated tvs for 2010-2013). Cannot confirm until Monday Im afraid. Best to sit tight for a couple of days.  Rest assured, when information comes through, it will be posted.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI all

Can anyone confirm if this is now working again please?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
j0nnye
Explorer

Hi,

No it still doesn't work. Login still fails too. Checked at 7pm UK time

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for confirming that it still does not work.  I have reported this to Sony and hopefully they can resolve this quickly.

Cheers all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I started writing a response here before, however relised that there were more applications effected.  Sony can confirm that there is currently an issue with Twitter and Social View.

I have created a new thread for any updates to the current outages.

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/current-outages-oct-14-sen-applications/td-p/1803571

Cheers

hi, i have only just bought a brand new 55x8505b and am also finding social share problem when i know for a fact i am logging into tv tweet with my correct twitter details.