Join now - be part of our community!

Social view stopped working

profile.country.GB.title
j0nnye
Explorer

Social view stopped working

I have a Bravia KDL-32W706 and for the past few days social viewing just doesn't work. When I set a tweet keyword the bar where the tweets would show comes up but only shows a message saying "waiting for your tweet. login to use extra features on the TV tweet app".

Even when I try to login with my twitter account I get "login failed" even though I'm 100% sure my login details are correct.

This just stopped working randomly. All of the other internet features work fine.

Has it stopped working for anyone else or is it just me?

18 REPLIES 18

Yes - exactly the same issue on the Bravia KDL40w605. Social view not been available for at least a week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony are aware of this and a few other apps that are currently offline.  Please see :

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/current-outages-oct-14-sen-applications/td-p/1803571

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Nobody-in-particular wrote:

If you have not entered an incorrect password, which is unlikely seeing as there is now another post, then I suspect that the problem you are both encountering could possibly be linked to the network service problems I read about earlier.

Perhaps someone will be able to confirm this but if not then maybe a call to Sony Support on Monday will help.

Yes your suspicions were correct @Nobody-in-particular well spotted..:smileythumbsup:

For anyone who is affected by these current problems then it might be worth keeping an eye on the PlayMemories Notification Blog for any updates..:smileywink:

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hey thank you Thalamus for the confirmation that the problems mentioned were actually related as I suspected.

andrenl
Explorer

Same here 42W805B, Social View, Twiter and Facebook, not login.

profile.country.BA.title
BossBy23
Explorer

Sony Bravia W 815B Social View stop working  ten days ago Facebook,Twitter 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys

Just to re-iterate, Sony is aware of certain issues surrounding Social View and various other network applications. 

When further information comes to light, Information will be posted:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/current-outages-oct-14-sen-applications/td-p/1803571

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
sycosnake
Explorer

My Bravia KDL-46HX853 stopped login to Twitter and FaceBook ! in the last 5 days 

YouTube is fine. I even reset to factory setting and still fail to log in to Twitter and FB.

Anonymous
Not applicable

At current, twitter (social view) is only resolved on 2014 TVs after a firmware update.  Hopefully the other years of TVs get resolved soon.