Join now - be part of our community!

Sonex Warranty issue

profile.country.en_GB.title
TONY.WALDING
Visitor

Sonex Warranty issue

I have a 5 year warranty with Sonex who are no longer trading.

I have a issue with the screen on my KDL46Z4500U model LCD TV which has 3 black lines to right of the screen.

Who do i contact in Sony to discuss the obligation regarding warranty?

I have tried ringing  Sony direct to no avail.

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this is a tricky one and hopefully Thalamus will be on hand soon to advise you further on this as he has been very resourceful on this delicate subject before.

-Cass-
Explorer

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forums.

I have already pm'd you this number, but for anyone else with this issue, you can call the Sony dedicated Sonex warranty number for support on 0844-324-5595.

bathomp87
Visitor

I hope that the following information maybe useful:

1) If you get 01/02/0800/03 telephone numbers free (within your telephone package) and have to pay for 0870/0871/0845/0844 telephone numbers than the following link may be usefull:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

2) Hopefully, you purchased your TV with a credit card.

Any product purchased with a credit card for at least £100, I think it is, should be covered hopefully by the credit card company.

Since, you have nothing to lose also contact your credit card company.

I hope that the above advice helps not only you but any other person with a similar problem whether or not a Sony product was purchased.

Most people usually for get about contacting the Credit Card's Company

bathomp87
Visitor

I hope that the following information may be useful:

If you get 01/02/0800/03 telephone numbers free (within your telephone package) and have to pay for 0870/0871/0845/0844 telephone numbers than the following link may be useful:

1:

www.saynoto0870.com/

2: Select < Search to find alternative number >

3: Within the box: Enter Company Name Here – Enter Sony:  < Sony >

Hopefully, you have purchased your TV with a credit card.

Any product purchased with a credit card for at least £100, I think it is, should be covered hopefully by the credit card company.

Since, you have nothing to lose, also contact your credit card company.

If you have purchased with a Debit Card than you have probably loss your money always pay even if it is just the deposit with a credit card but, nothing to lose contact Debit Card Company. I think for example if you paid a deposit with £100 that may cover you for a full 100% refund.

I also have a 5 year contract and I think that the five year guarantee is with an insurance company and not with Sonex, but I can’t remember what the guarantee actually says.

I hope that the above advice helps not only you but, any other person with a similar problem whether or not a Sony product was purchased.

Most people usually forget about contacting the Credit Card's Company, when they have any problem with a retailer.

I think that the Credit Card Company are legally liable for six years from date of purchase contract.

Don’t have much faith with; Consumer Focus, Trading Standards and County Courts best advice contact Credit Card Company and I had forgotten if you have legal insurance usually with House Content’s Insurance Policy than they may be useful.

I had not realize that the Japaneses' companyies which includes Sony's financial problem was this serious.

Please delete my previous message above this one.

Message was edited by: bathomp87