Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 46Hx823 turns off automatically and blink 4 times

SOLVED

Sony 46Hx823 turns off automatically and blink 4 times

I have a Sony TV of the model 46Hx823. When I turn on the TV, it turns off automatically in a few seconds and blink red 4 times.

What does this error code indicate?

Is there any way to solve this problem without having it repaired? The TV is only 1½ years old. 

Does anyone know how to reset the TV to factory settings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The HX823 is a 2011 model TV, which the 4 blink codes indicate a "Panel Balancer Error", of which I cannot tell you what that really means. 

A factory reset will not resolve this problem.  However if you so wish:

To perform a factory reset of the TV itself. 

1. Turn TV off from the wall and leave off for 2 minutes
  2. Turn TV back on again
  3. On the TV's remote control press the UP arrow (and point at the TV's remote censor) as well as pressing the power button on the TV itself (then release power button and then UP arrow)
  4. The TV will now reset back to factory default
  5. You will then have to go through the Auto Setup

Unfortunately, you will need to contact an authorised Sony Repair centre to resolve this issue.  See HERE for more details.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The HX823 is a 2011 model TV, which the 4 blink codes indicate a "Panel Balancer Error", of which I cannot tell you what that really means. 

A factory reset will not resolve this problem.  However if you so wish:

To perform a factory reset of the TV itself. 

1. Turn TV off from the wall and leave off for 2 minutes
  2. Turn TV back on again
  3. On the TV's remote control press the UP arrow (and point at the TV's remote censor) as well as pressing the power button on the TV itself (then release power button and then UP arrow)
  4. The TV will now reset back to factory default
  5. You will then have to go through the Auto Setup

Unfortunately, you will need to contact an authorised Sony Repair centre to resolve this issue.  See HERE for more details.

Cheers

Hi 

Thank you for your answer.

What is a panel balancer error? Can you give me an example? Is it a physical damage or software problem?

Where do I find contact info for authorized sony repair centers. If I use the card it only gives me the name of the cities - not companies or contact info. 

Is this very expensive to get repaired. Should I invest in a new TV instead? I hope not, 1½ year old television is not much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

When answering your question this morning, I was not able to ascertain the exact service manual for your model tv.  Instead, I looked at the service manual of 3 other 2011 model tvs (EX720, NX720, HX920) of which all three of them indicated the same 4 blink error code.  I therefore concluded that this would be the case for your model TV too.

Anyhow, this is not a software problem, its a hardware issue.  Im not an engineer or even a technician, so I cannot actually tell you what Panel Balancer Error means, as I dont know.  However, below is a flowchart of a standard fault check of the 4 blink error code:

4 Blinks 2011 flowchart.jpg

B-Board, G-Board, and LED Driver boards are all electronic circuit boards, of which each are replaceable by a qualified technician.  I also cannot tell you the potential repair cost either. 

You will need to contact an Authorised Sony Repair Centre from the link below:

Sony Support Helpline : HERE

OR Enter you Postcode in : HERE and click [FIND], then select Television, and required radius from the drop down list.  A bubble will display on the map with contact details.

Hope this answers your questions.

Cheers