Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 46HX923 connected to Sony BDP-490 Bluray via HDMI 1.4, but network doesn't work on bluray

profile.country.en_GB.title
kaamjad
Visitor

Sony 46HX923 connected to Sony BDP-490 Bluray via HDMI 1.4, but network doesn't work on bluray

Hi,

I have Sony 46HX923 LED 3D TV, which is connected to Sony BDP-490 Bluray via HDMI 1.4 cable. The TV is also connected to Internet via built-in Wifi capability.

However the Sony BDP-490 Bluray does not seem to pick up ethernet/internet connection via HDMI cable. I have tried 2 different cables of verison 1.4 to eliminate possiblity of faulty cables.

Any suggestions? Are these devices cabale of HDMI over Ethernet?

On a seperate note does not any one know if the above TV and/or blu-ray support gigbit ethernet?

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Ethernet over HDMI is an optional part of the 1.4 spec not mandatory. As far as I know there are no products out there yet that support it as yet.

Regarding 10/100 Ethernet - there is no real need for TV's/Blu-rays to support Gigabit Ethernet today and in any case, having a 10/100 device on the network won't impact the speeds of actual Gigabit devices.

Hope this helps

Bravia55HX

Hi,

its a little more difficult to get the blu ray player to connect to a wi fi connection, it took me several attempts to get it to work but you will get there in the end.