Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55NX813/SU-B550S/BDP-S480 Setup

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
eddwat
Visitor

Sony 55NX813/SU-B550S/BDP-S480 Setup

Hi All,

I have a Sony 55NX813 with the SU-B550S speaker stand and a BDP-S480 Bluray player.

However, I can't get the the speakers to chop to Dolby Digital when watching a film.

Any ideas as the manual doesn't help, it may be the input to the speakers, could the HDMI cable I have be the problem?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi,

Now it is clear , you are talking about the indicators light ON , whatever your sound output will be always 2.1 (not 5.1 or higher as we thought in the first reply).

On the owner manual page number 9 there are some precaution and notes when connected using HDMI,  such as ARC socket in TV and HDCP ...... Could you double check these maunal again

Reference is http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4198724221.pdf

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi,

SU-B550S speakers are 2.1 channel speakers , only stereo input

eddwat
Visitor

DOH!

Slightly confused as to why there is a Dolby Digital, DTS and PL II light next to the power light.

Is that to use the the speakers as part of an av set up?

Many thnks.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi,

Now it is clear , you are talking about the indicators light ON , whatever your sound output will be always 2.1 (not 5.1 or higher as we thought in the first reply).

On the owner manual page number 9 there are some precaution and notes when connected using HDMI,  such as ARC socket in TV and HDCP ...... Could you double check these maunal again

Reference is http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4198724221.pdf

Regards

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

cant comment on that as im still waiting for mine! but as you know you cannot hear the tv speakers without it if its fitted, but can only say that 2.1 whatever else it says is not dolby digital its 2 channel and not 5.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Bravia55HX

Hi,

your stand is only 2.1, which means front left and right channel only with a sub woofer outlet, it cannot decode dolby digital im afraid, for that you will need a separate A/V reciever, there is also nothing wrong with your HDMI cable

edit,

sorry messed up the link and cannot find it now!