Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL40EX503 6 "Blinks" message

profile.country.en_GB.title
drp1975
Visitor

Sony Bravia KDL40EX503 6 "Blinks" message

Why is my Sony Bravia KDL40EX503 shutting down giving 6 blinks of the standby light?

I bought this model of tv only a day or two ago. It seems to work ok using the old analogue signal. But try and connect to a cable tv source, or even a dvd, and the screen goes black with 6 flashes of the red standby light. internet searches for what this means are fruitless because the information is incomprehensible to me but they do at least signify that the 6 flashes is some kind of serious problem. What I need to know is whether it is a problem with the tv, whether I need sony to come and look at it, whether I need to contact virgin, and whether there is anything I can / should be doing here. I'm not happy - I've saved up for ages to buy what I thought was likely to be a top model and I'm really annoyed that it seems to be broken from the outset.

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Welcome to the boards - totally understand why you must be frustrated!! Best thing to do would be to call the Sony call centre tomorrow morning. They should be able to troubleshoot. If they confirm its faulty, I'd get in touch with your retailer and get it swapped out as defective on arrival - normally a pretty painless process but you need to initiate it sooner rather than later.

Hope this helps