Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL42W654 - Wall Bracket size/type ..bet none can answer this :)

SOLVED
tuktuk1
New

Sony Bravia KDL42W654 - Wall Bracket size/type ..bet none can answer this :)

Have been scouring the internet for the last few days trying to find the answer.

What kind of wall bracket is compatable with the KDL42W654 ?....eg vesa 300x300 etc

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

hi ive just had this problem, you have to buy a vesa adapter only supplied by sony for £21.60 this will give you a 200 x 100 vesa size to work with, all the sony w6 tvs have this problem and sony shoukld include this adapter with the tv.

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Here is an image of the adapter which is available from Sony Customer support.

VESA Adapter - Copy.JPG

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The 2013 W6 range does not have VESA mounting holes.  The TV is supplied with a wall mounting bracket of which you attach.

See the instructions on how to attach it : Here

Cheers

tuktuk1
New

Thats a real pity as the included bracket is non ajustable to different viewing angles.

What are Sony thinking not using the VESA standard?

I really wanted this TV, but it looks like I will have to go with the Samsung.

spudsnruf
New

Was literally just about to buy from John Lewis, when thought would just check the Vesa bracket size. Gutted to learn it doesnt take one. Its great that the wall bracket is supplied, but from what I can read on the link that you sent about how to attach it, it doesnt allow you to adjust it!. Seems bonkers to me, Is there any adaptor available that will allow a VESA adjustable bracket to be used please? Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have seen it suggested on another site (cant remember where though), that if you are clever enough, you could engineer a VESA mount for this TV either using some wood or even a bit of metal. 

You could mount the TV on a wood/metal square plank, drill a couple of holes in it, then mount that to a VESA wall mount (if that makes sense).  Not a perfect solution, but a work around.  No guarantees though.

Cheers

hi ive just had this problem, you have to buy a vesa adapter only supplied by sony for £21.60 this will give you a 200 x 100 vesa size to work with, all the sony w6 tvs have this problem and sony shoukld include this adapter with the tv.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brillaint - thank you for that information, im sure it will help others.  It seems Sony are finally listening and getting their act together on this issue.

Are you able to post a picture of the adaptor and any other information - if possible?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Here is an image of the adapter which is available from Sony Customer support.

VESA Adapter - Copy.JPG

chcandl50
Explorer

Now March. Sony expecting a 'shipment' in May. Maybe.Not good is it