Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL42W805 - Manual

Sony Bravia KDL42W805 - Manual

I am really pleased with the Sony Bravia KDL42W805 it is great. I spent a while looking at different models and there was no comparison the 805 came out on top but I was not expecting no paperwork. So sadly I have a complaint: There is No Manual.

Instead it has an imanual. As far as I am concerned this is user un-friendly as it is not something you can sit and read while everyone is watching the TV. This is the first Sony product that I have bought (I have many as I am a Sony man) that has not come with a ‘User Guide’ in paper form. I don’t know if this is going to be the new way Sony are doing things but as far as I am concerned it is a bad move.

Basically I am very angry as I have spent a lot of money on a product which I only have the basic knowledge of working. Not everyone is tech minded. I don't regret buying the TV as the Sony product is good as I have said.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO USE IT TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL.
Please, please Sony work on a book.

Am I alone?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

An online verion of the i-Manual is : Here
- you should be able to print it, if required.

Unfortunately, that is the way technology is progressing.  I too, would prefer a full and complete manual.

Cheers.

profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

I agree i have a kdl-46w905a the imanual is not easy to follow when useing the TV, and it is not at all detailed there are functions and settings not covered in the imanual.
profile.country.en_GB.title
jampark79
Explorer

I agree I worked in the electronic industry for 40 years I am also struggling to find the satellite set up and controls,

the imanual is lacking in deatail. The person who wrote it knew what it was about but kept a large part of it to himself.