Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL55W829 Gamma Setting.

profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Sony Bravia KDL55W829 Gamma Setting.

Hi,

Out of interest I wonder if anyone can tell me what the actual value is of the default gamma setting on this Sony TV ?  On the Sony scale in the picture options menu it is shown as 0 with the option to go to -3 or +3 in one digit steps.

Interestingly in other gamma scales the mid point is centered somewhere around 2.0 and increasing the gamma darkens the picture (in simplistic terms).  In the Sony menus an increase in the gamma value lightens the picture. Sony's way of representing the value though does seem more intuitive but , as I say, I am interested to know just what 0 represents in terms of the more normal gamma scale.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont have a direct answer for you, but im going for the most logical - different TVs using different scales

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
alex30

hi Quinnicus,

There is obviously some truth in your assumption but I do know there is a standard scale for gamma that is not reflected in the way Sony present it.

I'm just curios as to how the two relate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I understand where you are coming from, but i cannot answer it and doubt the community can too.  So what Ive done is, ive flagged this thread to Sony in the hopes they can give answer - assuming its not confidential.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Hi Quinicess,
Thank you so much for your actions.
Absolutely no confidentiality issue, it would be nice to get a response.