Join now - be part of our community!

Sony EX503 Picture Quality

profile.country.en_GB.title
Starship2013
Visitor

Sony EX503 Picture Quality

I have just bought a Sony EX503 32" and the picture is great head on, but the further you view the screen to the left or right the more grey the picture becomes. We never had such a result with our old CRT Sony, but this flat screen isn't offering a clear picture other than within a narrow band (say 20 degrees from centre) - any advice or comments? Is there an online manual, which I have yet to find? Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
wetsleet
Visitor

CRT has several advantages over LCD, one of which you have just discovered is much wider viewing angles, which is a particular weakness on cheaper LCD screens (by cheaper, I mean not extravagantly expensive).

profile.country.GB.title
Meestar
Explorer

I have the KDL-40EX503 but I was actually really impressed by the wide angle of view that would still result in a good image. Perhaps the smaller screen works differently, although I can't imagine this would be the case.

I have turned off the automatic brightness control - but can't see how this would make a difference - if you have this turned on, then worth a try turning it off?

Starship2013
Visitor

Thank you both for your feedback - I still need to get fully to the bottom of this.

Interestingly I was told by one of the team in the Sony Centre that he believed it had a 180 degree view without the picture degrading. I considered that just a tad optimistic!  In reality I would be happy with a third of that.

Thanks again.

Message was edited by: Starship2013

Message was edited by: Starship2013