Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-46W905A flickered once and wont turn back on.

SOLVED
Ranmal
Explorer

Sony KDL-46W905A flickered once and wont turn back on.

Hello! 

I was browsing the internet yesterday whilst my W905A was on in the background. At a random time, i saw it flicker once and then heard the stereotypical "powering down" sound, i just assumed it was turning itself off automatically.

Now, this morning, i tried to turn my TV back on but it wont! Also the lightbar under the "Sony" doesn't light up which might mean that instead of NOT receiving power, it's just broken?

So far i've tried different power sources but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm still doing research on what could be the problem but i was wondering if you guys could help me easily & quickly! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I hate to say it, however you probably know it too.  Dead TV.

Is it under warranty - contact the retailer you purchased it from.  If not, you need to call Sony Support or an authorised Sony Repair Centre.

Sony Support : HERE

Repair Center : HERE

Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Good Luck :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I know you said that you were getting no power to the Sony Light, but are you getting any RED LED Light flashes when either off or on? 

If you have it connected to a multiway socket extension, try plugging it directly to the wall (as a test).

Cheers

Ranmal
Explorer

Thank you for the fast response!

No, the TV isn't responding at all. I tried both remotes as well as the TV's own dedicated buttons on the back. No reaction at all. The Sony light stays off. 😞

I also tried two different socket extensions AND plugging it directly into the wall, no difference.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I hate to say it, however you probably know it too.  Dead TV.

Is it under warranty - contact the retailer you purchased it from.  If not, you need to call Sony Support or an authorised Sony Repair Centre.

Sony Support : HERE

Repair Center : HERE

Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Good Luck :slight_smile:

Ranmal
Explorer

Sad day. 😞 

Thank you for the good work. :slight_smile: You've eased my headache a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your Welcome :four_leaf_clover: