Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-47W805A

SOLVED
profile.country.BG.title
Krasimir00
Explorer

Sony KDL-47W805A

Hi, just few days ago I bought Sony KDL-47W805A TV. I tried to watch a movie from a USB flash card but it didn't load it. After some testing with different formats I noticed that can't load FLAC files. Is it possible to to install a new codec for the FLAC files and how. And forgot to tell that I've updated the firmware to the latest one.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

No native support for FLAC im afraid. Quite rare for movie to have a FLAC soundtrack, normally its mp3 or AAC which are supported. Could always convert it via Handbrake or something similar?

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

No native support for FLAC im afraid. Quite rare for movie to have a FLAC soundtrack, normally its mp3 or AAC which are supported. Could always convert it via Handbrake or something similar?

Thanks

profile.country.BG.title
Krasimir00
Explorer

From what I've checked the full HD blu ray movies most of them are FLAC. And about this program it's not so nice to wait 40-50 mins to change this format. I was wondering is it possible to boot the FLAC codec from a USB to the TV ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it doesnt work that way.  You cannot add/delete/modify installed firmware/codec support on the tv at all.  For a list of supported codecs see : HERE

As Catmambo said above, it might be best to convert the the movies to a playable format.  Its not just changing the format, its re-encoding the movie (especially the audio) into another codec.  However with Handbrake, you can set up multiple movies/files at a time (or even the whole folder) and then just let it run over-night or so.

Cheers

profile.country.BG.title
Krasimir00
Explorer

Ok, thank you for your help explanations. I'm sorry about those probably stupid questions but I don't know much about TVs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats ok, and besides, there are no stupid questions (except for when I ask them, that is)