Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-55HX853 Receives Five star reviews

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Sony KDL-55HX853 Receives Five star reviews

On occasion we see threads asking for info on Bravia models so thought it may be useful for forum members to have some links to the recent 5 star reviews that the new Bravia HX853 range has been receiving..

T3 Review:

Sony gets its picture quality groove back with the high-performing 55inch Sony KDL-55HX853, a 3D LED Smart TV with a dose of X-Reality Pro (Read More HERE)

T3.JPG

T3 Review Verdict:

The KDL-55HX853 isn’t big on gimmicks, but if you’re looking for a flatscreen with excellent image quality, a content-rich net portal and luscious design, then it’s a must-see.

What Hifi Review:

The Sony KDL-55HX853 is a really positive start for the company’s new range of TVs – we like this a lot (Read More HERE)

What Hifi.JPG

What Hifi Verdict:

So taken as a complete package, there’s very little fault to be found with the KDL-55HX853. Its delivery of white tones could be punchier, sure, and it’s not the most accomplished upscaler of DVDs we’ve ever seen, but these minuses are far outweighed by everything the Sony does well –

we’re particularly taken with its outstanding black-tone facility, its motion-handling, its looks and its sound.

And where Sony's 2011 TV's albatross around the neck is concerned? Well we're happy to report that the backlighting on our KDL-55HX853 is absolutely impeccable.

This TV is a class act, and when the first TV supertest of the season is undertaken it's going to be a strong contender.

TrustedReviws Review:

In the nick of time, Sony has pulled out all the stops to produce a sensational TV that we’re already confident will figure strongly in our deliberations come awards time at the end of the year. (read more HERE)

TR review.JPG

Verdict

The word that best sums up our time with the 46HX853 can only be ‘wow’. Sony may have left it late, but just when we were seriously starting to fear for the brand’s TV future, it’s stormed back with what might honestly be the best LCD TV we’ve ever seen.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Shame this was'nt the case with the HX923 !

profile.country.IE.title
jojorda42

WhatHF gave the HX923 a glowing 5 star review,stating it was "sonys best tv to date",THEN retracted the review under pressure from reports of some Sony HX920s suffering un-uniform screens. aka "THE CREASE".Then it became apparent that HX823 also had said crease on some models.This fiasco went on until sony shifted the first few batches of both TVs stating "some 2011 HX8/923 TVS suffered un-uniform screens" but not enough to make sony admit QC issues were seriously at fault.Since then reports of good quality HX 2011 8/923s have become apparent.Have a look over on AVF,there are a lot of happy new HX823 owners!

I myself was waiting on the HX853,then i seen reports & a review of the HX753,(UH-OH). I had another look at the 823 & along with serious price reductions,i bought 1. All i can say is Wow! Ive had 4 bravias incl 2008s W4500. & the super 2 & 3D HX803,but this HX823 is in a different ballpark IMO. Lush,vibrant & colourful pics with the extra quality you would expect from Sonys top D.E.L set. Would i take the full array LED backlit HX923 over the HX853?...Hell yeah! Would i spend €500 more on a HX853 over the 823?...Hell no! It may have better 3D (so),& a slightly better S.E.N. set-up,but thats it imo.

I would happily keep the sony PVA panel of the HX823 than the ASV from sharp if the HX753 is anything to go by. There are zero excuses for making a good tv in the 853 & an absolute disaster that is the HX753! thank you sony for fierce price reductions on the HX823!!!

warriorfullight
Visitor

Does this model already out? I heard this is the latest. Is it?

profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

yes tha's the latest one! It's starting to be available at some retailers. 😃

profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

I agree with you bravia55. It is a pity that the 923 did not have that start. I really hope that Sony gets its act together and focus in picture quality. I am more than happy to trade a few feats for excellent picture quality.

iagibso49

The 3D still appears to suck on this model according to the review

John_Spartan
Visitor

This is a 5 star TV?

http://i45.tinypic.com/dfj5zm.jpg

bisblo
Visitor

Just took delivery of my 55HX853 today & have to say that its simply the best TV I've had, just watched a couple of programs on SKY 3D channel 217 & it was superb, absolutely no problems with that.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

sorry to drag this up again but after the issues with the 923 i have not given anything any further thought until recently and have started to realise that Sony are getting back on top of their game!, yeah i know i strongly felt the HX923 was the bees knees and god only knows i waited a long time for it, my only gripe now is i'd wished i'd held on, knowing what i know now for this HX853, i have read all three reviews on this model word for word now and i can honestly say its a winner!, well done Sony!