Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-55HX853 Receives Five star reviews

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Sony KDL-55HX853 Receives Five star reviews

On occasion we see threads asking for info on Bravia models so thought it may be useful for forum members to have some links to the recent 5 star reviews that the new Bravia HX853 range has been receiving..

T3 Review:

Sony gets its picture quality groove back with the high-performing 55inch Sony KDL-55HX853, a 3D LED Smart TV with a dose of X-Reality Pro (Read More HERE)

T3.JPG

T3 Review Verdict:

The KDL-55HX853 isn’t big on gimmicks, but if you’re looking for a flatscreen with excellent image quality, a content-rich net portal and luscious design, then it’s a must-see.

What Hifi Review:

The Sony KDL-55HX853 is a really positive start for the company’s new range of TVs – we like this a lot (Read More HERE)

What Hifi.JPG

What Hifi Verdict:

So taken as a complete package, there’s very little fault to be found with the KDL-55HX853. Its delivery of white tones could be punchier, sure, and it’s not the most accomplished upscaler of DVDs we’ve ever seen, but these minuses are far outweighed by everything the Sony does well –

we’re particularly taken with its outstanding black-tone facility, its motion-handling, its looks and its sound.

And where Sony's 2011 TV's albatross around the neck is concerned? Well we're happy to report that the backlighting on our KDL-55HX853 is absolutely impeccable.

This TV is a class act, and when the first TV supertest of the season is undertaken it's going to be a strong contender.

TrustedReviws Review:

In the nick of time, Sony has pulled out all the stops to produce a sensational TV that we’re already confident will figure strongly in our deliberations come awards time at the end of the year. (read more HERE)

TR review.JPG

Verdict

The word that best sums up our time with the 46HX853 can only be ‘wow’. Sony may have left it late, but just when we were seriously starting to fear for the brand’s TV future, it’s stormed back with what might honestly be the best LCD TV we’ve ever seen.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.en_GB.title
John482007
Explorer

I have just bought my Sony hx853 and all I can say is fantastic .Having purchased many TVs over the years this is by far the best tv I have ever bought

iagibso49

And the 3D is appalling. No difference or improvement on 2010.

kev017
Visitor

Does anyone with a hx853 know how to extend the mains cord? Mine is wall mounted but the cord is too short. It seems to be enabled built in to the unit but looks to have a screen nearby implying it might be chargeable?