Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
SAMBAVANMAN
Explorer

Please forgive me but where is your e-mail address???:smileymischief: I can't find it. 

wstevew
Visitor

I was about to buy one of these, heard about the lines so decided to see one for myself at the Sony Centre.

I had a look and I wont be buying one unless they can resolve the problems

PUDtheAncient
Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

As a long time Sony fan who owns both a 52HX903 and 46X4500 I hope you can fix the problem as I would like to be purchasing Sony's premium set again this year.

SAMBAVANMAN
Explorer

Where is the E-Mail address for Start The Car? or do we Just PM him?

Thankyou in advance Lee for jumping into the forum and helping to resolve the QC issues. I have not yet got my TV as im waiting for it to be delivered, if it has the fault i will provide you with the relevant details that you asked for.

On a side note the customer service team have been somewhat vague in there reply to concerned owners and awaiting owners which is very frustraiting.

Fingers crossed this get's sorted soon as from what i have seen apart from the problem's it's a kick ar$e TV :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Jason-Jones
Visitor

Hi Lee,

PM sent.

Hope we get a speedy resolution on this one!

Cheers

JJ

hermanmerman
Visitor

Lee

I am another owner of 46hx923 with vertical shadows, I had 4 months for a 903 which the sony centre let me down on, then I waited 3 months after paying in full, the sony centre I ordered with closed down before delivery with no communication to me, my last sony trinitron lasted 18 years

can we please sort this issue. how do I email you

regards hm

profile.country.GB.title
Palhil
Explorer

You need to PM him.  Click on his user name and select "Send Private Message" at the top.

hermanmerman
Visitor

Lee/startthecar

I have pm you with email details and serial number of my hx923

regards hm

Jason-Jones
Visitor

Hi Lee,

Any update?

Cheers

JJ

55HX923Buyer
Visitor

Hi Lee - I PM'd you my serial number - did you get it ok - any update?