Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
sammy20v
Visitor

Ok thanks Lee that makes much more sense.

BigD289
Visitor

Lee

I'm just wondering what this means for the rest of us. Will our sets be replaced? Should we sit tight until you know the outcome of the consumer testing????

shandy_man
Visitor

I raised a support call regarding my tv and and I received an email a few days later asking me to contact a specific customer services person regarding the crease issue. I rang and spoke to the customer service rep and she has arranged to collect my TV and provide me a refund. When the problem is resolved I can order another tv. I asked on timescales and she did not have that information.

I emailed back later that evening to see whether I can do just a straight swap out as I don't really want to bring my plasma back down from the loft conversion and put it back on the wall while I wait for the new sets to be released.:smileysad:

Jason-Jones
Visitor

Hmmmm...

I'm really confused, are we now saying there are no good sets and all HX923's have a crease to a varying degree?

Also, you say there has been no recall and yet several customers have been told by their Sony dealers that they are awaiting Sony to collect all their stock of HX923s? I agree that is not a consumer recall, but it sounds like someone is trying to limit faulty stock from hitting consumers.

I thought the next batch of sets into the UK were meant to be "fixed"? If so, why do consumers need to be involved in the analysis process?

Lee, can you please clarify the situation for those awaiting replacement sets from their dealers (like myself)?

Cheers

JJ

Message was edited by: Jason-Jones

Message was edited by: Jason-Jones

sammy20v
Visitor

Yeah Jason, that is what is worrying me, as I still have a chance of cancelling my order and having a full refund, however I would rather not as I preordered at the lower price and would really like to recieve a tv without this fault, however if all tvs exhibit this "feature" to a degree then I would rather not, I really am a bit lost as to what to do.

I have never moaned about a tv, and have owned three previous sonys, currently the x4500, but these issues really have me concerned.

Message was edited by: sammy20v

Message was edited by: sammy20v

bign55
Visitor

lets be clear guys, there are plenty of customers in the usa with perfect ones, so this "feature" is also a fault!.

if sony are going to try and wriggle out of replaciing/repairing them, if their tame customer says they can live with the fault, that is what is worrying me.

although i admit on mine, when you are watching pictures, its not always evident and when it is, its only half way up the left hand side, its a lot better than some i have seen.

But if you have just paid going on 3K for a flagship tv, you would expect it to be able to display a uniform solid colour ie all blue or green or red etc, without a black line up one side.

What is so hard for sony to understand?, its easy enough to replicate.

Mine was delivered yesterday, i half unpacked it, tested the colours, found it faulty, repacked it, reported it to sony, all in a couple of hours. Now we wait WEEKS for a decision.

MUGEN02
Visitor

bign55 wrote:

lets be clear guys, there are plenty of customers in the usa with perfect ones, so this "feature" is also a fault!.

if sony are going to try and wriggle out of replaciing/repairing them, if their tame customer says they can live with the fault, that is what is worrying me.

although i admit on mine, when you are watching pictures, its not always evident and when it is, its only half way up the left hand side, its a lot better than some i have seen.

But if you have just paid going on 3K for a flagship tv, you would expect it to be able to display a uniform solid colour ie all blue or green or red etc, without a black line up one side.

What is so hard for sony to understand?, its easy enough to replicate.

Mine was delivered yesterday, i half unpacked it, tested the colours, found it faulty, repacked it, reported it to sony, all in a couple of hours. Now we wait WEEKS for a decision.

I'm from the US and both 55"(left and right side of screen) and 46"(left side of screen) tv's I've used have this crease. A lot of other people have this problem in the US also and it's not limited to the HX923/HX929(US). On the 46" I also have flashlighs(light beams) coming out of the bottom left and right corners which make movies with black bars at the top and bottom look terrible and also cause clouding with dark scenes.

norks27
Visitor

Is there an approximate ETA on new sets being released?

The Sony Website now lists the 55HX923 with the message - 'We're sorry, temporarily unavailable'.

StartTheCar
Contributor

Sorry for the delay in posting today, the dentist took a little longer than I would have liked, in every sense.

I did however have time at half time to catch up on my e-mails.  Again, thanks to those who took time out over the weekend to forward their details, especially the serial numbers which are proving very useful.  They have all been added to those I got last week.

Also, thanks to MUGEN02 for sharing their experience, which would seem to show silver lining to this particular cloud.

I am still waiting on my daily update from the engineers, however I have been asked to attend a meeting in the morning regarding this issue and specifically to share your comments and other "voice of customer" I have gathered in the last week or so.  I appreciate time is dragging a little and I certainly wanted something more solid to offer everyone by now, however, it does at least look to be moving in the right direction.

Speak later.

Lee

Bravia55HX

No one will have to wait for anything!, they are being recalled ( official) and i cant say how i know!

I should really try and put this comment on the recall into perspective as it may not be entirely accurate!, my dealer has said to me that mine is being recalled and i may have took it to mean all of them as this information on mine had come from Sony, so if i have given everyone the impression that they all are, for that i am truly sorry, however i would urge you to speak to your dealer if you have problems or concerns with your particular set and let them deal with it first, it is also fair to say ranting and raving at Sony on these forums about any issues or faults does not help, your first port of call is with your dealer, that said im sure that Sony welcomes the feedback from all of their customers.

regards.