Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL**HX923

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Sony KDL**HX923

Should i be worried, apparently complaints are comming in already for this new tv on dark verticle lines either side of the screen!, i have seen this before on the LG i had that went back for a full refund as it was the area where the ribbon cable joins at the screen for the backlight (could be seen from the front) i had 3 of them and the engineer said its not right, heres the pics of the Sony.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/crease3.jpg/

http://i53.tinypic.com/wi2grc.jpg

this was originally posted on another forum and the poster stated that this is reported by german customers and uk ones, however i have been waiting months for my pre order and dont have it yet!!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Edited title in order to Sticky it, hope this is ok.

Message was edited by: -frank-

Edited links to work properly (originally double http)

535 REPLIES 535
Bravia55HX

Theres a new batch sometime in August however that could change in view of sets being returned as im sure they will want to replace the dodgy sets first, things will slow down till they get the crease issue under control, this applies to the 46" and the 55", so anyone looking to purchase this in the future may be faced with delays.

norks27
Visitor

Any more news - it's all gone quiet :slight_smile:

Bravia55HX

No news is good news mate!, give them a chance these things take time, i believe a meeting was in place this morning and its part of the discussion.

StartTheCar
Contributor

Perfect timing.

I have just got out of a meeting with colleagues from our Technical Support and Bravia marketing teams here in the UK, as well as an engineer from the Q&A department at the factory and a senior manager in the manufacturing team; both of whom flew in this morning.

My role was to present this thread, all of your e-mails and any other customer feedback we have had with regards to this issue.  

In the short term, and in order to resolve the small number of affected sets that are already in the market (such as the ones on this thread) It was agreed that in addition to the a providing a service process to identify, capture and correct these affected setsm, we would also look to provide a full and detailed explanation as to the reason behind this phenomenon as I believe there remains some confusion/speculation about what it is.  I anticipate both to be available this week.

In the long term, we obviously have to go back and review the manufacturing and Q&A processes in order to ensure the subsequent units made and shipped do not put us back to square one.  As you can imagine, product quality testing continues throughout the production life of every product and often well beyond.  It’s safe to say these specific models will be under the microscope from now on.

As before, I will provide updates as soon as I get word. 

Best regards

Lee

norks27
Visitor

Yeah, fair enough - one chap over on another forum has reported that their dealer will be receiving a new set next week.  Perhaps progress has been made, would love to know what the exact cause of the problem was/is.

Thanks for the info Lee :slight_smile:

Message was edited by: norks27

Message was edited by: norks27

StartTheCar
Contributor

I can’t speak on behalf of that dealer, but I would hold fire till we have something set out.

I came very close to attempting an explanation at the weekend but to be honest I hit the limit of my understanding reasonably quickly.  Today has helped a lot, although I would still prefer the explanation comes from the engineers, and is not an overly simplified (semi-skimmed) version by me.

More to follow

Lee

southernsmoggy
Visitor

thanks for the update Lee

as per Norks27 post I think he is referring to me....my local sony centre had sent back all of their HX923's including mine that was about to be delivered.

I got a call today to say that sony are now sending them a new set and that it will arrive at the dealer back end of next week.

the dealer has been excellent throughout but they didn't have any information from Sony UK to explain what the issue is and IF this new set now being released to them was ok? from a new batch or what has changed that now is allowing sony to release them back to the dealers/franchises. At the weekend the dealer said the internal ordering system had the sets listed as unavailable to order but that changed almost same day so say sets were now available to order once more.

on the plus side the dealer is going to test the set for me in their store as the staff know how to verify if the crease issue exists (just use some flat jpeg images on a memory key) as they did it successfully with first batch of sets they sent back.

In addition to letting us all know what the root cause of the problem was would you also be able to comment on why Sony feel confident to supply sets back to Sony Centres, are the sets in your warehouse "crease' free?

thanks again for getting involved. personally its how a manufacturer deals with issues that matters more to me than the fact their are issues. mistakes happen, its how you deal with them which sets you apart and retains customers. so far Sony are doing a GOOD job of at least seeminlgy taking this issue seriously and working towards a solution which is great to see!

Message was edited by: southernsmoggy

Message was edited by: southernsmoggy

southernsmoggy
Visitor

thanks Lee.....not sure if I'm more confused or not now. the dealer definitely is not trying to fob me off with an old set. the explicitly sent back all of their hx923 stock and orginally were telling me they had no visibility into when replacements were due. they were as surprised as me to learn this week the sets were now available to order once more and even more surprised when they were told sets would be arriving with them next week....

I presume sony uk are now allowing dealers to order these sets so as an end customer we hope and trust the reason sony uk are allowing this is because the sets being sent to dealers are "fixed" or "good"....if not and the sets coming are from the same faulty batch its going to be a bit of a PR mess.

i will send you a PM with the dealers details if that helps.

bign55
Visitor

i suppose there is more good news, as while sony ponder what to do, i can unpack  the faulty one again and use it for now. i get to see F1 full size instead of on the portable.

SAMBAVANMAN
Explorer

I can't wait to get back into the UK i am over in Australia at the moment but i have contacted my Dealer in the UK and they have Sent my TV back to Sony. Hopefully a fault free set should be arriving soon then when i return. I would like to thank Lee for taking the time to keep us all updated. It's really nice to see a manufacturer taking customer concerns seriously.

I have just had a thought i will miss al you guys on this forum as once we get the great tv we have been waiting for there will be no need to come here and chat and compare faults.:smileylaugh: