Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL40hx723 vertical interlacing

profile.country.en_GB.title
skyvalley99
Visitor

Sony KDL40hx723 vertical interlacing

I have recently noticed that when ever there is some vertical panning I get what I can only describe as a interlacing effect, but vertically rather than horizontally. Its most noticibal during gaming when I tend to sit a bit closer to the tv (~2 meters away), also using the gaming scene mode seems to make the effect more noticable.

I have tried every setting combination under the sun as well as restoring my TV to factory settings, and so far the only thing that mitigates it is setting motionflow to 'clear' but obviously for gaming thats unacceptable.

The TV is still under warrenty so if this is actually a fault I wouldn't mind having it looked at

Thanks in advance for any help

Message was edited by: skyvalley99

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.uk_UA.title
solsky
New

Hi,

It looks like interlacing problem, but I think Sony have just bad up-scaling.

Try write email to technical support,

this is general problem for both model 2012 :

KDL-40EX653 and KDL-40HX753.

I saw already few complain about.

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/787551

It's happen to my KDL-40EX653, I wrote before:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/803874

I just return my KDL-40EX653.

Sony only good for High definition 1080 or 720.

if you watching DVD, digital TV (576i) , let's say standard definition,

take Philips or Samsung,

Those TV more universal, it's good for any resolution SD and HD.

skyvalley99
Visitor

I don't think this has anything to do with upscaling, as I see this when connecting my PC to the TV and setting it to the full resolution of th TV 1900x1080 in which case there is no upscaling going on as it is 1to1 pixel map. To me it seems more like a refresh rate issue

profile.country.FI.title
JCFast
New

I think it might be what is more often referred to as 'vertical banding'. You can google that and check if it's exactly that.

It's a very widespread problem with LED LCD panels, it varies a lot on how strong it shows. Most often you can see it when watching something with panning on an almost one color surface, such as football. You see these brighter vertical lines not being in sync with the action.

I have it too and haven't found any resolution or nor has Sony helped even as much as to reply my emails and messages. You can't fix it, some say some picture settings might lessen the effect, but at least I haven't found any really good ones. Guarantee-wise I've heard that even as very bad it's most often not fixed and it's considered to be normal, I believe it would require changing the whole panel.

Convergence
Visitor

Hi remember this is a TV, not a monitor, it would not have the same hardware, a 40 inch monitor with perfect PC picture would cost a lot more than your TV, its a bonus to have a PC input on modern TV's, but its not a replacement to a good monitor 6ms Monitor at 30" is about the same price, horses for courses as they say