Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W805a

SOLVED
Nyck246
New

Sony KDL42W805a

Hello,

I have finally upgraded from my ancient Sony 28" TV to one of these new LED ones. The model I went for is the KDL42W805a and it seems ok but can someone advise me on the best setup with regard to picture quality?

I have had a bit of a mess around with the backlight, contrast,brightness & colour but I'm still not really happy with the picture quality to tell you the the truth.

Also when is the best time to use Motioflow, as it stands I have it set for clear at the moment

Cheers

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The best picture settings is always subjective - as in, whats good for one is different to another.  This is due to a variety of things and even personal taste. My advice though is to write down all the settings on paper or a spreadsheet and slowly change the settings over time until you find what works for you.

To start with, see the following website : HERE (I know its for the W905)

Another useful tools is the calibration DVD available : HERE

Motionflow - I leave it on "Clear" perminantly

Hope this helps

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The best picture settings is always subjective - as in, whats good for one is different to another.  This is due to a variety of things and even personal taste. My advice though is to write down all the settings on paper or a spreadsheet and slowly change the settings over time until you find what works for you.

To start with, see the following website : HERE (I know its for the W905)

Another useful tools is the calibration DVD available : HERE

Motionflow - I leave it on "Clear" perminantly

Hope this helps

Cheers

Nyck246
New

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply 🙂

I have started to write stuff down and play around now. 

The only reason I bought this TV is because the PS4 would not connect to my old one but lucky me got it £200 cheaper in the black friday sale from John Lewis 🙂

When I turn on the PS4 the TV detects what it is and set's itself to game mode but the PS3 and my Humax do not do that which I'm presuming is because they are old tech!

Cheers

Nick

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done on the sale :slight_smile:

You are probably correct on the PS3/PS4 Game mode - I have a 2011 TV with a PS3 and I need to do it manually.

Good Luck :four_leaf_clover:

Allyboy65
Explorer

i followed this on hdtvtest use it for all my content apart from games http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sony-kdl47w805a-201307043162.htm