Sony KDL42W829 issues HELP

had this tv for almost 2 months and after 2-3 minutes it restarts

turns off then on again and it keeps happening

any suggestions ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xMKproductions
Explorer

I managed to quickly get into the settings to factory reset and that has proven to have worked.

Do you know what the cause of this issue was ? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
xMKproductions
Explorer

i literally have no time to do anything in the settings

it takes 30-45 seconds to start up, the menus are really laggy. 

by the time i goto check stuff it turns off then on again 

really annoying me now 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A Factory Reset using the following instructions may resolve your issue:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. After a picture or display information appears, wait two seconds and then press and hold the up arrow button on the remote control.

IMPORTANT: Make sure the remote control is pointed towards the front and center of the TV. 

2. While holding the up arrow button, press and release the Power on button on the side/rear of the TV. Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV.

3. NOTE: If the reset procedure does not start immediately after the picture or display information appears, the reset will not work properly. In this case, start this procedure again.

Release the up arrow button on the remote control and wait for the TV to reset.

If the Reset message does not appear and the TV turns off and on, begin again from step 5. 

If the standby light begins blinking eight times, return to step 1.

4. After the Reset message appears, allow the TV to reset. Do not press any buttons on the remote control or on the TV and do not make any other adjustments for 1 minute.

5. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.

6. Allow the TV to remain without power for 10 seconds.

7. Plug the power cord back in to the electrical outlet.

8. Turn on the TV.

NOTE: The initial setup screen displays if the above procedures were performed correctly.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial set up.

Cheers

xMKproductions
Explorer

I managed to quickly get into the settings to factory reset and that has proven to have worked.

Do you know what the cause of this issue was ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im glad a factory reset worked.  I dont know what the cause is.

It happened to me once, and let me tell you my heart was racing, purely for the fact that I thought my TV died, and didnt have the money to fix or replace it.  A factory reset worked for me too (after a Sony SEN Server issue was fixed) - which wont be the case for you though as no one else complained.

Cheers

chast8
New

When I switched on I was asked language then country then nothing now remote does nothing.

Factory reset?  I am puzzled.