Join now - be part of our community!

Sony - Poor customer support

Beamoboy
Explorer

Sony - Poor customer support

I have a KDL55W955B with poor vertical banding. After advising Sony within 30 days of receipt, I expected a return and replacement. They offered to view the set in home. On receipt of a phone call from the engineer, no in home service was available. All they had to do was confirm that it was banding and take it away for a new one. Sony are still offering this in home service to me but the local engineer still won't do it! I have been batting the issue to Sony for 4 weeks now. I am at the point of serving them with a letter before action and sending them to the small claims court for breach of the SOGA, merchantable quality issues. Anyone else know of any other way of convincing Sony that they do have banding problems??

By the way, the local engineer offered me a battered old 32" tv to view whilst they look at mine! Cheeky bleeders! You pay for premium tv to be offered something like that for the 4 weeks they want to view mine.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have flagged this up with Sony Support in the hopes that they can help you or at least provide a better service.  Please ensure that your contact details are correct in your profile, and if possible, post back on what they say.

Cheers

Beamoboy
Explorer

Thanks, the customer support team have already been involved it is now up with customer relations in Edinburgh. I  think I may just take them all the way to small claims court, then we'll see how confident their customer relations people really are.........

Tpbarratt
Explorer

Have you spoken with citizen's advice? A friend had to take Sony to small claims after poor aftersales service. 

I'm having seconds thoughts about choosing Sony for my second TV.

Beamoboy
Explorer

Didn't go to Citizens Advise, just went straight to Letter of Notice, it did get some response out of Sony but they just go back on their promises after you back down. My biggest issue with Sony is that within the 30 days product return guarantee, I advised them I wanted to return but they refused as my case was only logged after 30 days due to their system being down. My TV is absolutely useless for football due to the levels of vertical banding, this TV comes on a big box branding the football World Cup but I cannot enjoy watching football because of this issue.

Had I read some of these customer support issues with Sony,  I would of gone for a Panasonic TV (was loyal to Panna for the last 15 years but changed to Sony as I was advised it was the brand leader). My next TV for my cinema room will not be a Sony for sure. At least this was a wasted £1200 not £3000 for my 4k TV. Money better in someone else's till and not Sonys.