Join now - be part of our community!

Sony support after warranty

fasper
Explorer

Sony support after warranty

Hi, first of all i'm sorry for my english :slight_smile:

Can somebody tell my what is the period of support of Sony. I mean I have Tv that I bought 3 years ago. And Sony told me that they can't repair my TV, because they don't have spare parts for it. And also What  to do in this case?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your English is fine. :thumbsup:

Something sounds really fishy here, in regards to not having parts for a 3 year old TV, I would expect they have parts for a 3 year old tv..  Did you purchase this TV new, or was it second hand when you bought it?  Can you please provide a model number of your TV?

Cheers

fasper
Explorer

Yes I bought it new on 15.12.2010. And it's model is KDL-32BX300. I know that sounds crazy but this is what they told me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I might have a slightly different theory on this - Your model has the letters BX in it.  This is Sony's budget range TV, whereas fixing it, may cost more than what the TV is worth (hence un-economical to fix).  Therefore its not worth making and stocking spare parts.

Just my take on it - However I would have thought they would have advised that to be honest. 

If you have taken out an extended warranty on this, I would be asking for a replacement.

Hope that helps at least.

Cheers.

fasper
Explorer

Hi,

Well I don't have extended warranty, but this is not the problem. I'll pay for the repair, but they can't offer me price for it. In this case what is my fault that they can't repair my tv? If they don't have parts, for me it is obvious that they should offer me new one almost the same as my tv, and if it is more expensive I am ready to pay the difference. Like 10% to 20% of the price of new TV. For me this is the right way, but they just offer me 30% discount of a new one, and this mean that every 2.5 years I must pay 400 EUR for TV? I don't think so. I'll do all that i can to judge SONY. Yes i'll bay new tv and for shure it will be everything else  but NOT SONY.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest, I would be rather annoyed too.  I paid £1200 for my TV 2 years ago, and if it went wrong and parts were not available, I would not be happy.

Your best bet is to contact Sony directly, and see what they can do or offer.

fasper
Explorer

Well I'm trying , but here Sony support is only to call the technic and to tell him to call me. I'm sorry for this situation i loved Sony, I have Xperia, Vaio ,Trinitron and everything is SONY. But no more 😞

But this is the situation. Sometimes i think that is better to buy some china garbage and use it for 1 or 2 years and after that just to buy new one. At least it will be cheap than to buy SONY.

p.s. Yes you pay 1200 for your tv, but here 400 EUR is all my salary for the month 😞