Join now - be part of our community!

Sony W605B 48' White flash during scene change.

profile.country.DK.title
laped83
Explorer

Sony W605B 48' White flash during scene change.

I just noticied an odd issue with my newly bought sony TV. Everytime during scene changes a white flash will occur. This is best shown in dark scenes or when the tv menu is open. The issue is quite hard to explain so I have tried to make a small clip to show it ( sorry for the poor quality but it is still pretty easy to see the issue):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/biv8k4pu5l1att9/2014-11-02%2019.19.38.mp4?dl=0

The issue have been seen on different HDMI input sources using with different HDMI cables. I dont know if the issue exist on other input types since I dont have any input sources for them. 

I have tried to disable/enable many settings on the TV but it didn't solve anything. Currently iam using the following seting:

Picture

Cinema 1
Backlight 7
Contrast 90
Brightness 50
Color 50
Hue 0
Color temperature warm 2
Sharpness 50
Noise reduction off
Mpeg noise reduction off
Reality creation off
Smooth gradation off
Film mode auto

Advanced settings
Black corrector off
Adv contrast enhancer off
Gamma -1
Auto light limiter off
Clear white off
Live color off
Detail enhancer off
Edge enhancer off
Led motion mode off

So ideas is very much welcome :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Lars

[Edited by moderator to remove surname]

13 REPLIES 13
bradmoss
Explorer

Ok, yesterday I found a solution, maybe you can use it or something like that, remember mine is an LG:

There is a motion interpolation functionality to smooth movement simulating a higher refresh rate on this TVs, I believe for Sony it is called MotionFlow (for LG I have TrueMotion) but I guess it's something similar.

Now I will explain what I did with TrueMotion, you should be able to convert the procedure to MotionFlow.

TrueMotion can be set as Off, Clear, Smooth and User (where you chose a personalized level from 1 to 10). Both Smooth and Clear create the "Soap Opera effect" that's why I had it set to Off.

It was under this setting the flashes appeared at scene changes. Yestarday I read an article saying it could be fine to set a user level of 1 or 2, I set a user level of 1 (the minimum) and I found there is no Soap Opera and no flashes at scene changes either.

Maybe you can try soemthing like this :slight_smile:

profile.country.DK.title
laped83
Explorer

Don't have any function that effects motionflow on my TV. I'am aware of the feature but it seems like the TV doesn't have anything like that, except something called LED motioncontrol, which just make the backlight flicker more 😕

But aparrently 99% of the people don't notice an issue like this :grin:

Second. I dont know what to search for on google to find similar issues.

profile.country.GB.title
FlashTV
New

My TV is doing this! 

It is hard to search for on google but when I did it brought up this conversation.. Did you resolve it all?

profile.country.DK.title
laped83
Explorer

Nope I have tried everything, so right now iam living with it while looking for a non-sony 4k tv 😕