Join now - be part of our community!

Sony W8 Urgent Picture Setting Help Please

SOLVED
tanbir17

Sony W8 Urgent Picture Setting Help Please

I was watching fast and furious 6 last night on blinkbox on the ps3.
During the film there was a night scene, where the two main actors are outside the London battersea powerstation and it had lampost in the background scene. Whenever the camera switches to an actor where there is lampost in the background, the tvs picture changes from pure black to black with a glow effect, then when the angle changes to other actor with no lampost the the TV will take away the glow and revert back to pure black. This kept happening as the camera changed angle from actor to actor.

Can anyone tell me which setting needs adjusting because its really irrating me, this is the first time I've noticed this since I tweaked the setting.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try adjusting the advanced contrast enhancer to low or eventually completely to off. It's this setting that make the Tv flicker even if (if you turn it off completely) you may have worst blacks overall. Adjusting the gamma to -2 may help 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try adjusting the advanced contrast enhancer to low or eventually completely to off. It's this setting that make the Tv flicker even if (if you turn it off completely) you may have worst blacks overall. Adjusting the gamma to -2 may help