Join now - be part of our community!

sony w9 tv with xperia z phone

profile.country.GB.title
davygravy
Explorer

sony w9 tv with xperia z phone

Has anybody recieived there free xperia z yet from the w9 promotion?

93 REPLIES 93
kajozse
Explorer

Nope. Bought the TV four weeks ago and nothing yet. I haven't heard of anyody who recieved it actually. Hope they are not waiting for too long. The TV is really good, but if they are not going to send that phone really really sonn I will be one of their not too happy customers 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi davygravy & kajozse,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

You should be able to check the status of your claim via the following link - Check the current status of your claim ..:smileywink:

kajozse
Explorer

Thanks for the answer. I've checked it (doing it on daily basis for a week), but it says the request was not processed yet, come back in a few days or wait for the confirmation  email. Same for my friend who bought the TV few days after me. The TV is awesome BTW. I'm just eager to leave a positive feedback on the Xperia Z as well.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

have you tried phoning or completing an online query via the support line - Need some help?..:smileyquestion:

kajozse
Explorer

Thanks. I tried to complete the online query, but all I've got was a reassurence that if I have sent everything to the French address I will get my phone. I will try to call them if nothing is going to change soon.

andrfry99
Explorer

I get a "Your redemption code was not found" message on the Check Your Progress web site. I received the email with the redemption code on June 16th and posted proof of purchases on June 17th. When I fill in the Contact Us form I get a "there was an error sending your details to the service". I'm beginning to think I will never get the free phone.
kajozse
Explorer

I did that on 4th of June, and had the same message you have now for 3 weeks. Than suddenly accepted my code and it says my request was not processed yet, come back later. Sent an email to them and they say it's a server issue. For 4 weeks? Come on, they need a better story

Vinni-C
Explorer

I've just received an email to tell me the date of purchase for my TV is NOT eligible for the promotion. I bought my TV on May 21st. They now say the promotion began on May 23rd. (or is it the 29th - they don't seem to be able to make up their mind). The TV came with the promo leaflet attached to the back. I followed all instructions and went back to the website on May 29th as instructed (following an earlier visit when details were not yet listed). The only thing mentioned on the website about dates is that I had 15 days to make the application I bought the TV before May 29th. No other start date info on the leaflet or the website. I completed the form (with the actual purchase date added) and received the confirmation to say, "you've successfully submitted your form." There was a list of instructions to carry out to get my phone. I followed these to the letter. I then paid GBP 6.58 to pay for the requested docs to go to France securely. Now I've received the email to say my application failed. No other information. I checked the website and it now says the promotion runs from May 23rd (although it doesn't say the TV has to be purchased on the 23rd). The terms and conditions say the protion starts for TVs purchased on May 29th!

Sony, I want to ask you:

WHY include the promo leaflet on the TV if I can't use it?

WHY did nobody in the Sony Centre tell me to wait 2 days when I bought the TV?

WHY was there no date info on the promo leaflet or the website when it first went up?

WHY was my application accepted and I told to send the supporting documents to France?

WHY am I being punished for buying the TV early and probably at a premium price?

WILL Sony answer any of my questions?

I very much doubt it.

kajozse
Explorer

My friend got the phone today, and DHL visited me as well, unfortunately nobody was at home, but they are coming back tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately only TV-s bought after 29th participate in the promotion. It was clear on the website. And the promo leaflet was attached probably in the factory. Tere will be TV-s with promo leaflet sold after the promotion ends. Hope you will got some answers from sony too.