Join now - be part of our community!

Sound lag, delay with Bravia Sync ON

theclac
New

Sound lag, delay with Bravia Sync ON

Hi there

I have a 42w805 and a htss360 sound setup

For the past few weeks I have been trying to get the sound correct.

When I turn the av unit off the sound becomes in sync again (sound through the TV speakers). When the sound system is on the sound lag seems to vary. Its best response is in game mode with all motion enchancements turned off

I have (today) turned off the Bravia Sync/Control options which has made a major difference, although there is a lag it is generally at 3ms. BUT now I can not control the sound through my tv. The av receiver is in a unit tucked away.

This never happened on my Panasonic (few years old) tv and have tried the Panasonic tv today and the sound setup works perfectly

I had similar issue with a friends hx805/853 (forget which one) where they had a non-sony amp (bought at the same time) and had similar issues. They had to get a (recent 2013) Sony amp instead and all worked ok

I can only assume that there is some data being transfered between the two items when Bravia Sync is on that will cause this lip sync issue. I really don't want a new amp as they are so big. If they did an alternative to the htss360 I would be happy to upgrade (even to the point of any other brand for a streamline av receiver)

Any suggestions for different hardware or settings would be greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

did you try changing the A/V SYNC parameter in the HTSS360 (page 38 of the user manual):

x A/V SYNC (Synchronizes audio with video output) Lets you delay the audio output so that the time gap between the audio output and visual display is minimized. You can adjust from OFF, 1 (10 ms) to 20 (200 ms) in 1 (10 ms) steps.

theclac
New

Yer, generally 2ms works quiet well, but still can drift a bit in and out of sync. (GAME mode on TV option, if in anything else it still goes chaotic)

Spent the whole day on Birthday trying to get this to work.... not fun

Thanks for the reply, keep them coming as I'm happy to try anything

I have factory reset the TV and done the setting from scratch just incase something stupid was on, but no joy....

Clanfield
New

Have a Sony Bravia 48WD65X  - the sound and mouth movements are not in syncro.

Please advsie how to put this right

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Clanfield wrote:

Have a Sony Bravia 48WD65X  - the sound and mouth movements are not in syncro.

Please advsie how to put this right

Hi @Clanfield

Do you have an external audio system or are you using the TVs internal speakers?  When the lip sync is out, is it on broadcast TV (i.e. Freeview) or on another app (i.e. YouTube) ?

Cheers