Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar Model HTCT60

profile.country.GB.title
thinker123
New

Soundbar Model HTCT60

Have a KDL-V4012U & thinking of fitting Soundbar.

Questions if I may:-

1 Sometimes we use TV in HD mode via a Humax box, & sometimes watch in SD mode with the box turned off, does this mean I will need 2 connections from Sounbar to the TV?

2 Can the Woofer be put behind the TV?

3 What is the spacing of the Soundbar feet from the end of the Soundbar & if the feet do not lay on the plastic base of the TV is it OK to lay the Soundbar on the Plastic base?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

well it shouldent matter if your using the humax box or using freeview since the soundbar is connected to the tv.

you should be able to site the Sub where you like, just position it where it sounds best.

as for mounting the bar if you wish for it to sit on the tv's stand directly underneath then if the mounting feet are in the wrong place you could buy additional rubber mounting feet rom a hardware store and mount them where you want providing theres room between the plinth of the tv and its uderside, but usually people put the soundbar just forward of this or on the next shelf under.

you can find the dimensions of the soundbar in the link below.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tpa-tv-speakers-and-speaker-grilles/ht-ct60/technical-specifications#t...

hope that helps

profile.country.GB.title
thinker123
New

Thanks for your help, but I'm not up with this technology, so may I ask for more advise?

THe TV has two RCA connectors at the back & the User Manual says these are for connecting Audio systems, is this where I connect the Soundbar?

I ask this because in the HDMI box area there are two other RCA connectors marked L/G/S/I & R/D/D/D, do these also have to be connected or are they for another purpose?

Am I correct in thinking that I would get sound from the Soundbar if I were using HD mode via the Humax or SD mode with the Humax switched off?

Finally, the Woofer is stated to be sizes as follows 170x245x300, which is Height/Depth/Width?