Join now - be part of our community!

Standby light

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
willif
Visitor

Standby light

Hi,

I have a KDL40HX723BU. The set will not switch on and the standby light flashes 8 times. Any idea what this fault is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

if this happens again, ( god forbid ) you cannot just do a factory re set on this yourself as once again it will need a service technician to get into it with the right equipment im afraid.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

This set has developed a fault and will need to be looked at by a Sony service technician to put it right.

willif
Visitor

Thank you. I contacted my local Sony repair shop. Unable to call for 5 days,so I delivered it to them. 120 miles round trip. Given a Samsung set to use. Got this home, but it would not run for more than 2 minutes before switching off. Got a call today to say they had 'done a factory re-set' and downloaded new operating system. I thought this set automatically dowloaded updates? How do I perform a 'factory re-set' if it happens again?

Bravia55HX

Hi,

if this happens again, ( god forbid ) you cannot just do a factory re set on this yourself as once again it will need a service technician to get into it with the right equipment im afraid.