Join now - be part of our community!

Still No Youtube-Login!?

profile.country.de_DE.title
ungueliger_benutzername
Visitor

Still No Youtube-Login!?

Dear Sony people,

it is a joke. It must be. You're selling a product line that's advertised as supporting youtube.

Google bought youtube in 2006.

That's FIVE years!

And still, it is not possible to login to youtube with my google-account on my new Bravia.

You must be kidding...

There's no option to unconnect those accounts, youtube and google, anymore by the way - and has not been for a long time. That means: Anyone buying your stuff and creating a youtube account won't be able to login and use it. No subscriptions, no favourites etc - just a crappy, unusable search. Please tell me that's not true and I don't need to abstain from sony products in future.

Yours Sincerely

Vorund

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Can you explain what you have tried already as I've never had a problem logging in?

Thanks

ungueltiger_benutzername2
Visitor

Hi Catmambo!

I just put my gmail-address in the user-id field, with or without the "@gmail.com", with or without "@googlemail.com".

Then try to do the same with my gmail password at the pin-code field.

(Actually, what happens here is quite weird: I get the pike of a cursor on the far right of the input box, and with every input I do, the cursor magically moves one step to the left - obviously, when they meet, something miraculous is going to happen, wich is: you can't go on. So I'm probably not able to insert my whole password. That's a bad bug for me)

Then it doesn't work.

Searching some forums, I found some people with a similar problem. For some of them, disconnecting their google account worked, but since this is not an option anymore, I have to think, that the youtube widget isn't completely adjusted to work with (every?) google account (wich may have different specs when it comes to password length, for example).

SuffolkDi
Visitor

We've also been having problems with our YouTuber connection.  The initial problem was solved by using my gmail login to access YouTube on the TV, but since then we've had various connections problems.  Our login has been saved, but each time we try to connect we are given a NetworkConnection error - which is wierd as we can see iPlayer etc.  Any advice?

We're also really annoyed with this as the YouTube feature was one of the reasons we bought the TV in the first place and we rarely get to watch it!    :angry:

d

profile.country.fr_FR.title
fithsk
Visitor

I've not had any problem getting my Youtube id+password accepted (it has to be the full id including the@gmail.com part).

It may be case sensitive. Be sure to set the screen keyboard to uppercase/lowercase as required.

The TV does remember my Youtube id, but I have problems accessing my Youtube account when I reconnect with the stored id/password combination, as it just gives me a network error message. I have to logout and login to access my Youtube account, which is very cumbersome. It doesn't make any sense to store the id if it doesn't log in properly without my having to retype everything.

zeyerse
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem with my KDL-60LX905 and *@gmail.com logon account for Youtube. It was working before the latest firmware update.

Youtube login does not work any more after the latest firmware update. It must be a new unresolved bug. It gives only network error message.

I am looking for next firmware update or fix for the bug. Still no response from SONY.

FYI.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Don't think there is a bug as we would have thousands of people complain on the forums if there were a bigger problem.

I would start with doing a factory reset on the TV which should iron out any glitches, then just double check your internet connection settings by seeing if any of the other services work.

Thanks

zeyerse
Visitor

Hi,

That is the solution.

I did factory reset. Afterwards, YouTube login worked again. On the other hand, all the settings are deleted. That was a lot of work to define all the settings again. One should decide if it is really worth to define all settings again in order to login to Youtube.

Thanks and best regards.

EXiMike
New

In case anyone is still struggling with loggin in to YouTube on a Bravia smart TV, I've been locked out for about 4 months now, just got mine working again.

Could be a number of things, so try every step:

1: log in to your Google account, turn off two-step verification

2: Change your Google password.

3: Factory reset your Bravia TV (Hold 'up arrow' on remote, press 'Power Off' on the side of the set)

4: wait for TV to run auto-set up, go to YouTube App, sign in

5: sign in using your Googlemail email address & password, but ommit the '@googlemail.com' bit

profile.country.GB.title
Donnw1
Explorer

I have tried all the above suggestions including reset of the TV.  I still can't login with my main account, however I set up a new channel with a xxx@yahoo.co.uk  address and managed to login in to this using the full email address as user id.  I then logged out tried the original account with still no success.  I then tried logging into the new channel as before but it will not log in again...I have no idea what to try next.  Everything was working fine  a few weeks ago.