Join now - be part of our community!

Strange cloud on the screen

yahhi1
Explorer

Strange cloud on the screen

Hello all,

I have bought a used 40" KDL-R and upon inspecting the screen found that the picture is not perfect. There's a whiter area around the left of the screen, about 3-5cm wide. It's more visible when monotone colors are present. This does not seem to be a normal edge led bleeding, does it?

red.JPGwhit6.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The model number "KDL-R" is not a complete model number. 

Its hard to know what it is, as im not a TV repairman - It could be light bleed from the backlight. If it is, then its totally visible when displaying blacks.

Or it could be a hardware defect - possibly due to being handled (i.e. squeezing too tight on the edges when moving). 

Sometimes just 'cracking' the screws at the back can help.  When I say 'cracking' - I mean just literally loosening the screws a fraction to take pressure off the panel, lighting and frame.

Cheers

yahhi1
Explorer

As the TV is still under warranty, I got it checked out at official repair center. I did'nt ask about the cause, but since sony policy is not to replace the screen - if there is a hardware(screen) defect -  they take the whole set back and give customer a new one instead. New TV is still waiting at the center though, as I have time to pick it up next week....

How the previous owner sold it "as perfect"...... I can only guess....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for replying back - glad you are getting a replacement TV at the end of the day.  Just be sure they transfer the remaining warranty period to the replacement TV.

Cheers