Join now - be part of our community!

Streaming PC Desktop to Bravia trough DLNA

profile.country.ro_RO.title
bogdan.gheban
Visitor

Streaming PC Desktop to Bravia trough DLNA

Hi,

I am tring to stream my PC Desktop to Bravia KDL-26EX320 using my wifi network ( I don't want to use a HDMI cable).

So far I succeded ....partialy. I can open the stream on TV but there is a delay of 30-40 seconds between computer and TV and it takes a long time before starting to play the stream (1-2 minutes).

I will desribe below what I did and if someone has any idea how to make this work, please, don't be shy.

I use:

1) VLC media player to capture PC screen.

- Capture device=Desktop

- frame rate = 25 fps

- destination=MS-WMPS (MMSH), address:127.0.0.1, port:8080

- profile for transcoding: Video - H.264+AAC (MP4) or Video - MPEG2+MPGA

- PS 3 Media Server 1.50.0 to play the stream on TV.

- I added the tream to WEB.conf :"videostream.Web,PC=Desktop,mms://127.0.0.1:8080"

- I open the strem on TV using "PMSEncoder" (PMSEncoder plugin must be instaled in order to play video streams).

My guess is that the delay is caused by the encoding/decoding operations. Both VLC and PS3 Media Server are transcoding the stream.

I played around with the settings but until now I did not find the right ones.

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.da_DK.title
zionyx
Visitor

And why would you want to complicate things like this? :slight_smile:

How about a very fast CPU and a very fast network connection? That would speed up encoding speed and broaden up the transfer rate.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Ro1000
Visitor

I'm Trying the same thing and got the same result. (KDL 40EX520)

All my connections are wired, but stil got the same time delay of 30 to 40 seconds.

So I dont think that fast CPU (Intel i5 2,8 GHz) and fast networkconnection is the problem.

Just would like to stream my desktop to the TV. With my wireless keybord and mouse I would have a FULL internet explorer running on the TV.

Message was edited by: Ro1000

Message was edited by: Ro1000

profile.country.en_GB.title
mansoon
Visitor

Hi,

I'm using KDL-40EX52 and  I don't even know how to stream PC to my TV.

Can anyone here help me please?

Thank you!