Join now - be part of our community!

SWF-BR100 Sub-Woofer stopped working

profile.country.GB.title
indiekid007
Explorer

SWF-BR100 Sub-Woofer stopped working

I have had the SWF-BR100 connected to by Sony Bravia for nearly 2 years and despite a few issues it has performed really well.

Yesterday it has stopped working and the sound is now only coming out of the TV speakers.  I have searched the forums and done the following:

I have reset the TV with the dongle in and then again with the dongle out.  

I have resyned the sub woofer with the dongle

I have rest the subwoofer in the settings menu

The green light is still on both the sub woofer and the dongle and when i unplug it you can hear a slight pitch change in the sound but nothing major.

I have tried every single route i can think of and have not been successful.  Can anyone help

Thanks

Dan

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You have the wireless dongle into the TV's USB port - but is the audio cable connect securely from the dongle to the TVs audio out port?

As the green light is lit - it means its getting a connection.

You will need to check the headphone/audio out settings of your TV to ensure its set correctly - it should say 'Subwoofer'?

Also, have a look at these settings on the TV and ensure that the levels are correct:

Subwoofer.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
indiekid007
Explorer

Hi

I have done all the above and also tested on another Sony bravia tv

Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the results when you tested on another bravia TV?  Keep in mind that it must be a compatible bravia TV that the SWF-BR100 works on.

Can you also reply back with the model number of your TV and the model number you tested it on?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
indiekid007
Explorer

The TV that it was originally connected to is kdl 50w807c and the one I tested it on is kdl 32w706b

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can see that the subwoofer is compatible for both TVs.  However you never mentioned if it worked or not on the other 'test' TV.

If it didnt work, I would say theres a fault somewhere and may require an authorised Sony repair centre to have a look into it.  See:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

If it did work on the test TV but not on the W807C TV, then I can escalate this thread to Sony support for them to advise further.  Unfortunately I dont have any more advice to give im afraid. 

Please let me know either way.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
indiekid007
Explorer

Hi

It did not work on either.  I have clicked the link but not sure what category this falls under.

Please advise

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@indiekid007 wrote:

Hi

It did not work on either.  I have clicked the link but not sure what category this falls under.

Please advise

Thanks

Thats a good question as it can fall under multiple categories.  I would try the 'Home Cinema and Hifi' category first and then TV as another option.  However for my area, they seem to be the same companies that deal both of those categories.