Join now - be part of our community!

Swivel Stand for Sony Bravia KDL40HX853

profile.country.GB.title
gastyli
Explorer

Swivel Stand for Sony Bravia KDL40HX853

Considering upgrading my TV and I am very irritated that a £1000 TV such as the 40HX853 doesn't come with the free option of a swivel stand as opposed to the  6 degree tilts stand. Not all lounges will suit that fixed angle of view.

Looking at the Samsung range as an alternative because of it but I am a long long time user of Sony and would prefer to keep that going.

What are the options and is there a swivel stand available please ?

Message was edited by: gastyli

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
gastyli
Explorer

:smileylaugh::smileylaugh::smileylaugh:

Oh I agree...I think I am so "irritated" at the stand becuase I am a huge Sony TV fan...despite their corporate intransigence....poor MKV file reading/DLNA execution for instance...but they are not alone in that respect. The very thought of buying a Samsung or even a Panasonic 50B fills me with the horrors,stress and concern :thinking:

I think the big problem...maybe ...I have with the HX853 is that the 6 degree angle depends on where you sit and how high your seats/TV stand are. You could end up looking up at the screen. I have read a couple of people that whilst there is no adjustment in the angle you can alter the screw position to make it more vertical. As I would never use the speakers the stand is a bit useless for me and because of that it just annoys me ! I just wonder why Sony did that anyway. Their current model range all have different stand designs.....

I have a brilliant 32W5710 at the moment with HD and SD picture quality that is outstanding but I would like the bigger screen and the BBC iPlayer capability of the HX. I suppose I could order it from John Lewis and see how I get on with it

Message was edited by: gastyli

profile.country.GB.title
gastyli
Explorer

I think thats the saving grace...and why I buy from them even at the higher price they often charge. Also I can always track down that SU-HX85M if it became that much of an issue. I have a narrow lounge so the TV has to be at a horizontal angle  of 15 degress or so...so that people to the right see the screen reasonably head on to avoid any quality drops. thats the bit that concerns me more than  the vertical angle. Depends if it fits and looks OK on our TV unit. Think I'll give it a god and see.

I appreciate your input by the way. Always good

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

always glad to help where i can, please, as soon as your able let us know how you get on.

good luck.

profile.country.GB.title
gastyli
Explorer

If anyone is interested here is a couple of links to a forum I use a lot that has pictures of the alternate stand and some contact details. Measuring up the soundbar stand just about fits on my,expensive, oak TV unit but looks a bit daft and cramped so I think I will have to go for the swivel stand. Thats my big complainbt that Sony don't seem to have considered a wide range of possible locations for this set

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1662505-kdl-55-46-40-hx853-owners-thread-part-3-a-26....

Post number 759 has pictures

Post number 805 has this info

Try this email address - customersupport.en@eu.sony.com

"They offered me the stand when I inquired -  "we can of course sell you a 90 degree stand/ normal (SU-HX85M – 994803270) for £39.83 (shipping & VAT inc.).

That was for the 40HX853, so the stand for the 55" may be slightly more expensive. "

Hey everyone,

I know this is a old post but it really helped me out. 

I've had my Sony KDL-40HX853 for sometime and love it. 

Recently I moved house and the TV needed to be on top of a high tv unit which meant the degree stand with speaker no longer worked. I have been trying to locate a stand for some time that would just make the tv sit vertically. I was at the point of selling the TV and buying a new tv to suit my needs until I found this forum.

After reading Gastyli post I contacted Sony which resulted in them saying the only stand availble was the speaker degree stand. Obviously this didnt help so I located the warehouse website they use to order parts and did some digging my self and I located the stand.

The product page looks old and the stand has no detail or imagery but it is the stand as it matches the codes Gastyli gave and the product page states it fits my TV.

I have ordered the stand and fingers crossed it works.

URL is : https://uk.eetgroup.com/i/994803270-Sony-Stand-SU-HX85M

I hope this helps someone.