That Info Bar Pop-up Problem

profile.country.GB.title
crowgray
Explorer

That Info Bar Pop-up Problem

TV Model: KD-43XF7003

Cambridge Audio Soundbase connected via Optical connection

Hello!

I realise this problem has been reported before but I wanted to flag it publically again in the hope of an update on the problem.

So, as other people have reported, the Info Bar keeps popping up on-screen during moments where - from what I can tell - the audio format changes from a HDMI connected device, most notably while playing on my PS4. This has happened a few times during cinematics/cut-scenes but more often that not will happen when I push the screen capture button and when the trophy notification pops up, even when both have been muted. 

I tested this problem on a couple of games and it doesn't appear to be a problem on all of them - I tested two non-HDR enabled games and everything seemed fine. On a hunch, I switched off HDR and Deep Colour on my PS4 and the problem APPEARED to clear up on the HDR-enabled game I've been playing the past few weeks. 

Other instances include popping up as a DVD menu loops back to the beginning and once as a HD digital channel cut to an advert break.

I realise in the grand scheme of things this appears like a minor quibble but it really is incredibly irritating and intrusive. I have tried every combination of settings/connections that have been recommended.

Is a solution or update on the cards at all? If it isn't, I may have to return the set and go with a different make or model.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
crowgray
Explorer

Oh! Quick update!!

I was just fiddling with the audio settings on my Sony blu-ray player and decided, on a whim, to set all the audio output options to Downmix to PCM. The info bar no longer pops up as the DVD menu loops back to the start! I have no idea what that means but I thought it worth noting. 

profile.country.GB.title
Ben-Sheff
New

So the info bar pop up is an audio problem? I bought my tv yesterday and I’m ready to return it! I’m connected to my Sky Q box and every time I change the channel there it is, I was infuriated last night and that was only day 1! Its connected in HDMI 3 (ARC) whatever that means. 

Another annoying thing I’ve noticed, I can’t access tv menu options when I’m watching sky. I have to change source to digital tv input.